Today's Dilbert

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
29,777
12
Grand Rapids, MI, USA


So what's in their pockets? And how did Dilbert end up working back at his company again? Just two days ago, he was getting venture capitalization, and then he got lawyerpulted™, and suddenly he's back on the job?
 

GroundLoop

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2003
1,561
35
mkrishnan said:
So what's in their pockets?
My guess...each of them has a Crackberry. All I hear in meeting are the leads clicking away at their email. Very disruptive. I still want one though.

Hickman
 

leftbanke7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
746
1
West Valley City, Utah
Brian Hickman said:
My guess...each of them has a Crackberry. All I hear in meeting are the leads clicking away at their email. Very disruptive. I still want one though.

Hickman
I was kinda wondering that myself. I hate it when I don't understand a comic. Makes me feel stupid.
 

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
29,777
12
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Hmmmm, yes, Crackberry™. It's a bit old, but I don't remember it having been done on Dilbert. Maybe it was. Clay would know. ;)

I still wanna know how Dilbert ended up with his job back. And what's going on with his search firm.
 

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2004
1,216
0
Netherlands
Usually the sunday comic does not follow the story of the weekday (and saturday) comics. This is probably because its an extended one. I'm guessing tomorrow's comic will continue where we left off yesterday.
Chances are Scott Adams wants you to think its something like a "crackberry" or a laptop. I like to think its a macbook pro though... :D
 

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
607
0
Philadelphia, PA
I believe that sunday comics are submitted two weeks before because of the coloring process while daily comics are submitted the day before. Hence, it is very difficult to keep them in sequence and therefore many don't follow the same timeline.
 

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
29,777
12
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
mfacey said:
Chances are Scott Adams wants you to think its something like a "crackberry" or a laptop. I like to think its a macbook pro though... :D
Oooh, with respect to Sunday timing, those are good points (both of you). I have noticed that before. :eek:

Mmmm, as for the Crackberry, can I pretend it's an iPhone™? :D
 

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
37,563
3,642
Los Angeles
leftbanke7 said:
I was kinda wondering that myself. I hate it when I don't understand a comic. Makes me feel stupid.
Don't worry. Nobody will know that you didn't understand it. Unless, by chance, you happen to post about it in a forum system on the Internet. ;)
 

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
29,777
12
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Doctor Q said:
Don't worry. Nobody will know that you didn't understand it. Unless, by chance, you happen to post about it in a forum system on the Internet. ;)
Hehehe...and someone accidentally Diggs this post. Not that anyone would do that. :eek: ;) :D
 

funkychunkz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2005
501
0
Ottawa, Canada
When I read it in the Saturday's paper (yes I know it's weird, but we don't get any comics on sundays) I thought they were clicking pens, or keys on PDA's.

The clicking pens would be funnier because pointy hair says that productivity is up, and they simply don't like attending meetings (and so they claimed that they needed the time to do work). It is more likely that they were actually working hence it being pointed that they didn't want to be there.