Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
The iPhone is simply not a true internet machine without the use of flash

while friends were browsing CNN.com using all the interactive maps.. i was stuck there, looking at still images and text

Hudzilla

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2007
England
Didn't Adobe say they were working on a flash app, and it was coming soon?

Im sure i read that on the front page.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I agree. All of the big media outlets had different trackers that would've been awesome on an iPhone, especially when they get the push system worked out. Part of the issue as well is also pushing endlessly for better battery life. That's the main issue holding back most of what separates the iPhone from laptops.

I would also love to see some Silverlight development for the possibility of Netflix streaming. There would of course be battery issues, but iPod videos suck battery life like crazy as well.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Apple is trying to kill off flash on the internet with its new submissions to the HTML standards committees. You'll have to buy another device if you want it.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Very true… I was trying to get the latest election news during the night (UK time) and the lack of Flash on my iPhone just killed the experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.