Today's MBA Purchase

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by threeputt, Nov 26, 2010.

1. threeputt macrumors member

Left the local Apple store today with the 13 inch MBA, 2.13 processor, 256 SSD, and 4G of RAM. It all fit in the same bag rather nicely. The hard part was carrying the 27 inch iMac (2.93) that I also purchased. My first two Macs and I am looking forward to the experience. Have to go out to dinner tonight so no playing until tomorrow, the boxes look great though:D

2. neteng101 macrumors 65816

Congrats and enjoy!

P/S - That's quite a bit of self-restraint, I'd just skip dinner!

3. MacMur macrumors regular

Yes dear I'll be right there, oh I'm just putting away a couple of things I bought on the way home, nothing much. Dinner out will be wonderful. :(

4. threeputt, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010

threeputt thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I got home and gave her a good listening to:D

Least I could do was spring for dinner after today. Tomorrow will be fun, hope all is well. I have done lots of research and am ready (I think). Will keep the windows machine in the basement in case everything goes totally pear shaped.

Was also able to pick up Office 2011, the magic pad, and extra drive for the laptop and the bluetooth numeric keypad/calulator. All on sale.

5. KPOM macrumors G5

Nice. Were you planning to buy all of this before, or was this a Black Friday success story for Apple's marketing department. ;)

Are you planning to install Windows on either of your Macs through Boot Camp? You theoretically could migrate your Windows PC to your Boot Camp partition.

What are the intended uses of the iMac and MacBook Air? Are they both for personal use or for work use? What was the deciding factor in going for the "Ultimate" 13" model?

6. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

You're just trying to make us jealous. :)

Seriously, enjoy your new macs! I just got the maxed out MBA last week, and I love it. I also have a Mac mini, but I sure would like one of those 27" iMacs. If I were you, after dinner, I'd be up all night with the new Macs, or at least pop open the MBA and put it through it's paces. Have fun!

7. Meric macrumors regular

Ordered a bto 13 4gb 128ssd at apple store..

Still 33 bucks over macconnection... I guess I made a better choice...dealing with local apple store in case of a problem should be easier...

8. threeputt, Nov 26, 2010

threeputt thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I was planning on buying all of this before, the mac sale today saved me a couple hundred dollars.

9. ZenErik macrumors 6502

Lucky! Enjoy.

When the MBA first came out I wasn't interested at all, but I cannot wait to get my hands on an 11" MBA now. Just waiting for the right deal to pop up on Craigslist. :D

10. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Welcome to the Mac. You did it right with the two best Macs of all time! I love the 13" MBA, and I think it's the best Mac ever. I feel the 27" iMac is the most incredible desktop and display ever!

11. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

man when you go big! you go right for the deep end of the pool...congrats

12. Appleind macrumors regular

Appleind

wow man. i would have jumped right in and spent the entire night playing with it. Well congrats and Happy thanksgiving

13. foiden, Nov 27, 2010

foiden macrumors 6502a

Nice. I sadly had to wait until today to pick up mine (Ultimate 13" Air). I had a previous order, which was cancelled, but they already had a hold on the funds processed days ago. The hold wasn't removed until this morning.

Fortunately, I work for the government, so I only missed out on 41 dollars savings. but it was still savings I'd like to have. I could've put it towards something else. (Most likely towards parallels or Windows 7).

Edit: Just picked up my unit. I was happily wrong with that thought. I was comparing to the government discount quoted by the online price. Seems that my discount (in the store) was higher that the sale price yesterday. Looks like I made out, in the end.

14. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

I got this deal on parallels yesterday:
    http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2291061

15. gwsat macrumors 68000

gwsat

+1 as to the 13 inch Ultimate MBA! Haven't used the 27 inch iMac but most of what I have read about it has been positive. Got my 13 inch Ultimate MBA last month and love it, love it, love it. I feel sure the OP will be equally happy with his.

16. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Call them up and explain your situation. They will gladly refund you the price difference, especially since by the sounds of it, it was largely their fault (i.e. holding the funds)

17. threeputt thread starter macrumors member

First post from the new computers. Got everything set up and running, no problems so far. The screen is enormous on the iMac and I cannot believe how thin the screen is on the MBA, and the resolution is fantastic.

18. teski macrumors regular

Congrats and enjoy! I've been loving my MBA 13 Ultimate for weeks...Such a great machine for everyday use, and even better for travel!

19. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Congrats!

What a very nice way to start out with these Apple computers!