Today's the day!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iPaddy, Feb 18, 2009.

1. iPaddy macrumors 6502

Ok so yes, I've wanted an iMac for years. But really, I've wanted any Mac for years and with no sign of updates, I've decided a White Macbook would be perfect until the iMac comes out.
    So I'm going to the Apple store today. Card in hand!
    I'm not getting any changes on it, waiting for the iMac to do that, so ordering isn't necessary. I'm very excited and wanted to share that with you lot (who probably got that feeling 10 years ago when ordering their first one ;])
    Wish me luck!
    - Paddy

2. sir Mudkip macrumors member

sir Mudkip

3. rust.puppet macrumors regular

hmmm i love the whitebook, just couldnt buy it because i didnt like the feel of the trackpad/right or left buttons. feels really rough even compaired to my old compaq laptop.

4. hacksaw-C87 macrumors regular

Enjoy your Macbook ... a very distinctive model

5. iPaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Cheers for the support!
    Yeah the reason for choosing the White Macbook was simple, it's such a distinctive design that when anyone see's it, they see Apple.
    + I don't need the Alu Macbook + Brand new iMac.

6. muldul macrumors 6502

7. yoppie macrumors 6502a

8. iPaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Not got it yet.
    My mum's home in about half an hour, then she's giving me a lift into town.
    I've got my college card too so I get around £100 off.
    =D

9. TheRedOx macrumors member

TheRedOx

Congrats. My 2.0 Aluminum Refurbed MacBook is on the FedEx truck for delivery right now!! So excited. This isn't my first Mac but it's my first Mac in a long time - I bought the Mini on launch week and still use it sparingly but it's going up on fleabay this week to help with the cost of the new Mac. The Mini is running Tiger and I upgraded the RAM to 1GB and it's still plenty snappy but I got an Alienware desktop gaming PC last year so I've been using that for pretty much everything. I'm excited to see some of the new features in Leopard for the first time and have my own laptop, I've been hogging the wife's HP laptop for too long now.

10. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Congrats to both of you. My first Mac was last February and I just sold it and purchased a new Unibody MacBook. I couldn't be happier because, to me, this is the best notebook in the market. Period.

11. iPaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm home!
    I've got it, infact, I'm typing this on it. i already love the thing. Might take some getting used to, but it will all be fun.
    One think I'm not too sure about, when I first turned it on and got to the desktop bit, when I hovered the mouse over the dock icons, they sort of jumped. Now they don't, I'm assuming i've done something, but i like it when they jump.
    Any ideas?
    Other than that, it's amazing. I'm ordering 4GB RAM from Crucial tomorrow.

12. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You mean magnification? That's here:

:apple: —> Dock —> Turn On Magnification.

And congrats on the computer.

13. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

When you click on an icon in the dock, to start an app for example, it will jump until the app is running, and then it will stop jumping.

There's also an option to magnify the icons as you pass the pointer over them.
    :apple: menu -> Dock -> Turn Magnification On (Edit: alphaod beat me to this one)

14. skorpien macrumors 68020

The dock icons jump when you launch a program. Hit command + Tab to check which programs are running. You can cycle through them by holding down the command button and keep pressing Tab. Also, if you want to close a program just hit the Q button (making sure you're still holding the command button) while that program is selected.

Congrats on the purchase! Enjoy your machine :)

15. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

Welcome to the bright side of the computing world. If you've got any questions, be sure to post them. :)

16. 55orangeave macrumors member

55orangeave

Congrats!!

I know the feeling all to well from my first iMac. But Friday I am ordering a unibody macbook. And I feel like a kid all over again. Took me awhile this time to make the decision.

Good Luck with yours!

17. MaTUC macrumors regular

Nice! Welcome to the Mac Side of the force.. =D

I'm getting shipped my WhiteBook on Monday (south america:( ) :D can't wait for it

18. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

19. BlackLight macrumors regular

BlackLight