Toddler bed ideas - need some input :)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jaysen, Aug 26, 2012.

1. jaysen macrumors 6502

My son of 2.5 years, has officially outgrown his crib. Because of his discomfort he's waking up in the middle of the night wanting to come in to our bed.

My take on this is two things are occurring; he's waking up to use the bathroom (he's potty trained and sleeping without a pullup for over 6months) and because he moves constantly. I do take in to consideration that this is normal behavior for children of this age, however he has slept on his own since the age of 2 months and has slept through the night with no issues.

Even if my assumptions are incorrect he's taller than an average 2 year old and has outgrown his crib so my fiancé and I are in the market for a new bed...

I like the thunka/flexa brand beds with integrated slide

http://www.flexa.dk/English/Products.aspx

But was looking for more ideas... Ideally I would like to keep away from character specific beds - ie lightning McQueen, Thomas the tank, etc

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

We just went for a regular single bed with a travel cot side. That way we didn't have to buy another bed or a cot side when we travelled. Only once did she fall out the bottom of the bed!

3. jaysen thread starter macrumors 6502