ToDo app that uses the ToDo items from iCal?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by cstromme, Sep 10, 2008.

1. cstromme macrumors regular

So, basically I'm looking for a way to add ToDo's on any of my Mac's or my iPhone and have it automatically transferred to the rest without having to synch anything manually.

I recently discovered that Calendars in iCal has ToDo items (where did that come from?), and that I could use an app like Anxiety, and it then synchs these ToDo items along with my calenders through Mobile Me.

Are these todo items available via the calendars on the iPhone? Does it fetch this info at all? And if so, is there a ToDo app for the iPhone that uses this list? If so automatic ToDo synching with Mobile Me would assure me that all my devices would be up to date at any time without me having to start apps on my machine and my phone and synch them manually.

Anybody know if this is possible and there is such an app for the iPhone?

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

My Palm III synced todo's AND Notes with the desktop in 1997. <sigh>

3. noisebleed macrumors regular

not possible at the moment i think, i also wished for this feature ;[

4. Indydenny macrumors 6502

Indydenny

You probably know this -- but just in case -- all of your to do items (ical and mail) are in the email accounts in your iphone. They are under "Apple Mail To Do" folder. You can't add or edit (aside from moving to another folder or deleting) but you can certainly see them.

Dennis

5. cstromme thread starter macrumors regular

I'm using iCal here, and it's not in the To Do folder on my Mobile Me account on my iPhone.

6. Indydenny macrumors 6502

Indydenny

Here is what it should look like.

Create a To Do (or several) in your Mail app and make sure that they are in your MobileMe account and not "On Your Mac". This will also duplicate those to dos in ical. After you set this up, you can use Anxiety or whatever you'd like to create the to dos and they will show up in ical, mail and iphone.

Attached Files:

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I find the tasks/todos in iCal pretty limited. So instead, I use an app called ToDo by Appigo. It is a little on the expensive side, but it is a great program.
    www.appigo.com

I hope this helps.

8. noisebleed macrumors regular

.... iprocastinate is free.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

True, and it looks like a nice program, but I haven't used it so I can't comment on it too much.