ToDo app with auto location based reminders

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by randomplaydo, Jan 11, 2017.

1. randomplaydo macrumors member

Hi guys,

OK, I wanted to see if the community can help me find an app I've been hoping someone would make. Here's what I need, a Todo/reminder app that does auto generated location based reminders. Meaning, I want to be able to set a to do item of, for example "Buy a garden hose" and set the location as just "Home Depot". The app should then use location awareness to just know when I'm at or near a Home Depot and ping my phone with a notification to go in and "Buy a garden hose".

The only apps I know that come close are Apple's reminders and Omnifocus. BUT as far as I can tell, with each of those apps you have to actually enter the address where you want the location to go off. I don't want to just type in the location of my nearest home depot, I want this bad boy to just ping as soon as I'm within 500 feet of a Home Depot...ANY Home Depot.

So the question again is....is there an app out there that does this semi-autonomous location based reminders in the fashion that I'm looking for?

2. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

You can try Evernote, it has an option that every time you add a reminder/note it captures your location.

3. randomplaydo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm looking more for something that I can just tell it a proper name or generic description and it will tell me when I get to anywhere fitting that description.

Like "Buy eggs at the grocery store" and anytime I go near ANY grocery store, an alert will pop up to tell me to go inside and grab some eggs. Or, "Get garbage bags from Target" and anytime I go near ANY Target anywhere, an alert will pop up to tell me to go inside and get garbage bags.

4. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

I'm a user of Anylist and love it but unfortunately it doesn't offer this feature.
    I do know the Any.do app does have this location functionality though but probably it's a paid feature.