ToDo List in iCal Crashes My Mail app! Why?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BeeS4335, May 4, 2008.

1. BeeS4335 macrumors member

I posted a thread earlier today asking for help because suddenly my Mail stopped functioning. I got to thinking (rare nowadays) about what I had done today that may have caused the problem since yesterday everything was fine & dandy. One thing I had done was to create a To Do list in iCal. When I deleted all the To Do events, hey presto Mail gathered its wits & works. Now, I'm a switcher who's fully converted to Mac after just a couple of weeks but I have to say this has rattled me. Why is there an apparent conflict between iCal & Mail? Is it me? I cannot see the connection between iCal & Mail - why would you want to email a To Do list? Anyway, problem solved superficially but the underlying cause behind my crashed Mail app nags at me. Be glad to hear from anyone. Mine's a MacBook Air OS X v10.5.2.

2. mpeterson macrumors newbie

I had the same problem today and couldn't fix it by just deleting the ToDo in iCal, I had to do, from the Terminal, a:

Code:
    find ~/Library/Calendars -print0|xargs -0 grep "some-text-i-remembered-from-the-todo"
    and then a rm of every match I considered pertinent.

Greets,
    Michel