Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lietsche

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Hello,

I was trying to find anything online, but no satisfying results.
Maybe somebody can help me here:

With the advancing camera technology in the iPhones it should be just a matter of time when we should be able to film in portrait mode? Can the TOF 2020 iphones handle this eventually already with the advanced laser technology? If not, when to expect it? It is just a matter of time when the technology will be ready, right?
Apple has no DSLR camera business so they would not even harm a product branch of themselves?

I am thinking that it could be as revolutionary as the Canon 5D when it came out which allowed us to film with a shallow depth of field and make it look like "cinema" at a fraction of the cost of the "pro" cameras at that time. It is still not clear if this was unintentional at that time from the "photo" department at Canon as it changed the game completely.

Any thoughts are welcome,
thank you.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
If it works as “good” as the stills, nothing to get excited about a year before.
Just use a proper mirrorless cam with old school fixed 50mm lens for a fraction of the cost and much better picture quality. Available now;)

lietsche

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
If it works as “good” as the stills, nothing to get excited about a year before.
Just use a proper mirrorless cam with old school fixed 50mm lens for a fraction of the cost and much better picture quality. Available now;)
I have all that. Photographer since many many years. 56mm 1.4 prime lens too. And 4-5 other lenses. But they don’t fit in my pocket. And as you probably know: the best camera is the one you have always with you...

fred98tj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2017
Central Luzon, Philippines
116C7384-9E3C-452F-BF8C-6F5410489804.jpeg
I have all that. Photographer since many many years. 56mm 1.4 prime lens too. And 4-5 other lenses. But they don’t fit in my pocket. And as you probably know: the best camera is the one you have always with you...

Actually, it’s the one you master. Zillions of people these days have “cameras” and no idea what/when/how/why. :p

Reactions: lietsche
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.