toiuchscreen problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by uNext, Jun 30, 2007.

1. uNext macrumors 6502

when i click on the slide for emergency nothing happens
    and when i try to turn off the phone and it says slide to turn off phone
    nothing happens...is my touchscreen bad?

i am waiting for actuvation from att :(

am i doing something wrong i thought it was flick your finger and it is unlocked

2. e.magnusson macrumors member

Well, I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard that you can't use it until its activated. I don't know though, my country still hasn't gotten iPhones :mad:

3. unity macrumors 6502a

Does the slider move at all? I would still thing the phone, even though not activated, would work for emergencies. That is how all cell phones work.

If your getting to slider movement below your finger, I would take it in. Keep in mind you have to make a complete movement from left to right - if only partial, it springs back and nothing happens.

4. orb macrumors member

You may just have a defective unit. My first iPhone had that problem - the screen was totally unresponsive. I could activate, sync and even take calls by using the button on the earphones - anything that didn't require touching the screen. A call to apple care and a trip to the apple store later, and I had a working unit. (well, working except for some minor sync issues)

5. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Probably defective. I was getting a case for my iPhone today when I noticed that the bottom 10th of my screen was unresponsive. I gave it to the genius and after 10 minutes said I had the 1st defective iPhone at the store! They quickly transfered my SIM card and now everything works perfectly!