Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uNext

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006
when i click on the slide for emergency nothing happens
and when i try to turn off the phone and it says slide to turn off phone
nothing happens...is my touchscreen bad?

i am waiting for actuvation from att :(

am i doing something wrong i thought it was flick your finger and it is unlocked

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
Does the slider move at all? I would still thing the phone, even though not activated, would work for emergencies. That is how all cell phones work.

If your getting to slider movement below your finger, I would take it in. Keep in mind you have to make a complete movement from left to right - if only partial, it springs back and nothing happens.

orb

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2002
You may just have a defective unit. My first iPhone had that problem - the screen was totally unresponsive. I could activate, sync and even take calls by using the button on the earphones - anything that didn't require touching the screen. A call to apple care and a trip to the apple store later, and I had a working unit. (well, working except for some minor sync issues)

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
Probably defective. I was getting a case for my iPhone today when I noticed that the bottom 10th of my screen was unresponsive. I gave it to the genius and after 10 minutes said I had the 1st defective iPhone at the store! They quickly transfered my SIM card and now everything works perfectly!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.