Told need to replace iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gr997s, Nov 5, 2012.

1. gr997s macrumors member

So do I have to wait a month for a new one, or do the Apple stores keep a special stock for just replacements? Thanks....

2. blaake macrumors regular

Thought the same thing to myself. I haven't personally or heard of anyone needing a replacement. I would think they would like to keep a current customer happy rather than a pending one. If you call your provider they should be able to answer that for you. or the Apple store

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Most stores seem to have special stock for replacements. My local store did when I needed mine replaced due to faulty home button.

4. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

they have plenty stock for replacements. All the stores I went to were replacing them like crazy and were pulling them out 5 at a time due to nicks and scratches.

5. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

Yep. They have an entire supply chain dedicating to predicting how many will fail and how many devices they need to have on hand as replacements. Going "3-4" weeks without a phone is enough to make someone jump brands and never come back.