Tom Bihn Brain Cell users?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steffi, Nov 3, 2008.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

So, I think mine is the one they made for the Titanium way back when and it's unlikely to fit the Late 2008 MBP. I'm just wondering if anybody's tried theirs yet.

In my case I've got the Brain cell with the Tom Bihn tag on the outside and all there is in a blue tag inside but there's nothing that identify's the model Braincell that I have. I bought my bag way back in 2000 so it hails from that era.

Tom Bihn makes a new Braincell for Late 2008 MBP's but I'm curious whether the older ones fit at all. Perhaps it's just too tight a squeeze for people's comfort?

2. vm7118 macrumors regular

http://www.tombihn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1522

essentially, the brain cell made for the previous gen. macbook pro can fit the late 2008 MBP, but not perfectly. the tom bihn people say it fits "poorly", so they are making a new size called 4Z (prev gen fit into 4X). i would take that with a grain of salt, though, since tom bihn's "poor" fit is probably good enough for most people. at least those who already own a 4X, such as myself.

from what i can gather, yours is not a 4X/Z since it's a bit old. but it is easy enough to estimate the fit... the new MBP is about 1/4" wider and 1/5" deeper/longer, while also being 1/4" thinner than, the old MBP.

3. steffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Do you have any opinion on the merits of a cell that holds the machine in a vertical vs horizonal profile? I believe they are making one of those too.