Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2012
New York
Buy from MVC!

I had been eyeing one of his cards for years, then last year was finally able to grab a 7970 w/3GB of RAM using internal power, it's AWESOME. It's been in for about a year I think.

Aside from all the other stuff you can do to your cMP to keep it in the game, it's all meaningless w/out the work MVC has done to keep the cards that we can use current and in a good place.

Thanks MVC!

(I wouldn't want to buy stolen bits from someone who doesn't even know how or who installed them or whatever it was, that doesn't make any sense at all)

MacVidCards

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
I have again offered to work a deal out with these folks.

I hope that they will take it seriously, would be of benefit to Mac users everywhere.

As shown with 680 4gb DVI port issues and the double precision on Titan, when you pretend you know what you are doing, an update to OS can expose your lack of knowledge.

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*

I hope that they will take it seriously, would be of benefit to Mac users everywhere.

As shown with 680 4gb DVI port issues and the double precision on Titan, when you pretend you know what you are doing, an update to OS can expose your lack of knowledge.

There ain't no substitute for the real thing :D

If I can be of any assistance you know what to do fella.

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
USA
Buy from MVC!

I had been eyeing one of his cards for years, then last year was finally able to grab a 7970 w/3GB of RAM using internal power, it's AWESOME. It's been in for about a year I think.

Aside from all the other stuff you can do to your cMP to keep it in the game, it's all meaningless w/out the work MVC has done to keep the cards that we can use current and in a good place.

Thanks MVC!

(I wouldn't want to buy stolen bits from someone who doesn't even know how or who installed them or whatever it was, that doesn't make any sense at all)
This is somewhat off topic, but I'm in the same situation you were in...eyeing one of the MVC boards and hoping to make a final decision within the next couple of weeks.

I have a MacPro 3,1 (early 2008) and it would be helpful to get a couple of answers:

1. Most of MVC's nVidia cards are described as supporting OpenGL 3.2, whereas the latest I believe is OpenGL 4.1. Does this mean only OpenGL 3.2 is supported on those cards?

2. Most of the AMD cards are described as supporting OpenGL (without a version). Does this mean all versions of OpenGL up to and including 4.1 are supported?

Just trying to get a sense of the limitations before making a decision.

Wigand

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2015
Hi,

Create Pro are full of crap. They pretend to be stupid and "oh we didn't know what ROM we were using" etc...

Create Pro know full well what they are doing and they and their so-called EFI Programmer have deceived MacVidCards out of a small fortune!

The so called EFI Programmer Tom is referring to is a guy called Johann Heller in Germany. He sells flashed PC cards on ebay in Germany as informatikus31 and I know that he has modified tons and tons of GTX Titan cards for them using the MacVidCards ROM!

He even sells an EVGA NVIDIA GTX 680 cards there on ebay advertising the GTX Titan in his auction text:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/151549254264

I have all the details, if anyone wants more info, feel free to contact me.

G. Wigand

Yanking pages from their server, but not a word here.

Lookin' sketchy.

Thank goodness their potential customers will be headed to this thread via our friends at Google.

Last edited by a moderator:

MacVidCards

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
Hi,

Create Pro are full of crap. They pretend to be stupid and "oh we didn't know what ROM we were using" etc...

Create Pro know full well what they are doing and they and their so-called EFI Programmer have deceived MacVidCards out of a small fortune!

The so called EFI Programmer Tom is referring to is a guy called Johann Heller in Germany. He sells flashed PC cards on ebay in Germany as informatikus31 and I know that he has modified tons and tons of GTX Titan cards for them using the MacVidCards ROM!

He even sells an EVGA NVIDIA GTX 680 cards there on ebay advertising the GTX Titan in his auction text:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/151549254264

I have all the details, if anyone wants more info, feel free to contact me.

G. Wigand

Yeah, it's sad. They want to be taken serioulsy by editors and the like then resort to behavior much like describing a machine as having "Thou$and$ in $oftware !!! " then loading torrented stuff.

Ideally, all those people running the jacked Titans would check out the Double Precision ability, I'm pretty sure the guys are too dumb to know how to enable it. Would be hilarious if they all reversed the charges on their purchases until the various crooks made the cards work right.

On more than one occasion I have been dealing with an unhappy customer with a poorly running card only to discover that they have a pirated copy that wasn't properly done. I have to tell them to make the seller make it right. (i.e., "steal a better rom")

The Create_Pro guys have been pretty quiet here, still curious how the sentencing hearing went. I would still be willing to work out something with them, if someone who hadn't lied to me before got in touch. (i.e., someone who hadn't made contact before)

Maybe for a laugh sometime I'll post the emails from their various "personalities". Amazingly, a guy at one company of theirs responded to an email and included an email to me from another person in another company under their umbrella, and they didn't realize that that makes them appear shady.

I think we have a deal that is going to work with a distributor in Poland, should be able to handle EU.

Pending

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2014
Sounds Promising

I think we have a deal that is going to work with a distributor in Poland, should be able to handle EU.

That would be great. Hopefully prices will then be on par with your stateside ones?
All the best with making it happen.
Personally, I think createpro over charge.

inf31

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2015
Dear MVC

Hello Mac Pro Classic Fans,

#1 Dear "Wigand",

thanks for promoting my GTX 680 Mac ebay auction BUT it's very unfair and
rude to publish names of someone!

#2 Dear MVC,

your are a honorable person and I respect your work and all the things you
have done for the mac community. If ever I would sell a Titan card with your EFI ROM on ebay, I will send you a license fee via paypal immediatly.

You know that only one person sells Titan cards with your EFI ROM on ebay Germany. It is a self-appointed "expert" called "Apfelspezialist".
I would not be surprised if "wigand" and "Apfelspezialist" are the same person and say things to scratch my credibility.

BTW we are all waiting for your GTX 970/980 EFI cards and it will be an honor for me to distributed this and all your other EFI stuff here in Europe together with you. I have all needed skills (EFI programming, soldering, reverse engineering, etc) so let's start a business for all Mac Pro classic fans
here in Europe. The dollar rise up vs Euro and the import tax is horrible.
So it makes absolute sense to produce and distribute your cards directly in
Europe.

Please send me a message.

Thanks

Wigand

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2015
How is it rude to publish names? Does your company Johann Heller Digital Service not also contain your name?

I have irrevocable proof that you have sold Titan cards with MVC's ROM to Create Pro. Would you like me to publish the proof I have, or would you consider that too rude?

And how can you post a message here saying you respect their work when you have stolen and used their ROM many times over? Is stealing a respectful enterprise where you come from in Germany?

I'm sure MVC would be grateful if you could send them copies of all your invoices to Create Pro for the Titan cards you sold them with their ROM. That way MVC could do a more accurate assessment of the license fee you mention. Would you be upset if I publish one of your invoices too?

No, I don't sell cards on ebay, nice try though to blame someone else for your thievery. Your credibility went out the window when you decided to sell cards to Create Pro with MVC's ROM.

We realize you have all the skills, without them you would not have been able to sell cards with a stolen ROM.

I hope that MVC will take whatever legal action they can to recover the revenue you have cheated them out of in your collusive dealings with Create Pro.

Hello Mac Pro Classic Fans,

#1 Dear "Wigand",

thanks for promoting my GTX 680 Mac ebay auction BUT it's very unfair and
rude to publish names of someone!

#2 Dear MVC,

your are a honorable person and I respect your work and all the things you
have done for the mac community. If ever I would sell a Titan card with your EFI ROM on ebay, I will send you a license fee via paypal immediatly.

You know that only one person sells Titan cards with your EFI ROM on ebay Germany. It is a self-appointed "expert" called "Apfelspezialist".
I would not be surprised if "wigand" and "Apfelspezialist" are the same person and say things to scratch my credibility.

BTW we are all waiting for your GTX 970/980 EFI cards and it will be an honor for me to distributed this and all your other EFI stuff here in Europe together with you. I have all needed skills (EFI programming, soldering, reverse engineering, etc) so let's start a business for all Mac Pro classic fans
here in Europe. The dollar rise up vs Euro and the import tax is horrible.
So it makes absolute sense to produce and distribute your cards directly in
Europe.

Please send me a message.

Thanks

Last edited:

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^In the first series you left out the third step "I DID This". In the second series you left out the third step "I STOLE this".

Lou

MacVidCards

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
Took a couple painful months for Netkas and I to get GK110 working right. Late nights changing one byte at a time, re flashing, rebooting, logging changes and effects.

In short, the roms don't write themselves. When NVIDIA added the dual orecision switching, we had to rewrite rom to enable. This was not done for us or something we got from Nvidia.

Same with 980, 2+ months of tedious, boring work. Anyone trying to claim that there is no work involved is a liar and/or yet another shill for the liars. Amusingly enough, right after they were exposed for "accidentally" selling "borrowed" IP we were treated to links on BBC about the owner of the company going for sentencing. What for? Seems he had "accidentally" sold some computers and iPads that an associate had "borrowed" from a public hospital. In an amazing coincidence, in both instances they were "sorry", right after the truth came out.

And the truth is the important thing. I can post this because it is the truth. Others have resorted to lies posted by shills, because the truth doesn't support them.

If you have to lie to not look like a jerk, may be time to revaluate what you are doing. My dad used to tell me this, back when I was selling my first Apple video cards, 80 column cards for the II+.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
Some people don't seem to understand the simple notion of Value-Added Goods.

MVC does work to make an existing product have more value to certain buyers than that product originally had. He charges more than the original price to reflect his work and the value that was added to it.

This is a very simple concept for most people to understand.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
MVC never said that he create the graphic card, he just create the EFI ROM.

However, Create Pro use MVC's ROM and said that's created by themselves.

That's 2 totally different thing. Your comic is misleading.

Given the nature of the post, and the join date of the poster, I'm guessing that newtmac is actually Create Pro, or someone affiliated with Create Pro.

Troll Post none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.