OS X Tomb Raider for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ventuss, Dec 17, 2013.

1. ventuss macrumors 6502

2. Celtic Warrior macrumors regular

Celtic Warrior

I do not think so, probably early 2014. I estimate that it will be released after Xbox One and PS4...

3. ventuss thread starter macrumors 6502

I ask because back in october they announced as coming in december, and no sign of it. =/

4. Celtic Warrior macrumors regular

Celtic Warrior

In my opinion, they would rather focus on Xbox one and PS4 version than Mac version. They announced game couple of weeks ago for next gen consoles with release date. Mac version most likely will be February.

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Feral is porting the game, they have nothing to do with the console versions.

6. imacken macrumors 65816

Sadly, it is the same with Feral's port of F1 2013. Was December, now... who knows.
    Obviously, there are good reasons for this, but frustrating nevertheless.

7. Celtic Warrior macrumors regular

Celtic Warrior

Yeah, I know it. But it will be published by same publisher won't be ? So, they just do not want to settle a close day for those two different platforms. Beside this reason, developers having a difficulty to convert video game from Windows to Mac. When Witcher 2 released for mac last year, it was full of bug and unexpected quit stuff.

8. Cougarcat macrumors 604

It's published by Feral, but Square Enix could ask for the game to be delayed. But I doubt that is the case here. For one thing, it's a separate user base, and secondly, good porting takes time, as you note.