Tomb Raider on iMac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Mac'nCheese, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming out soon for the xbox and I was wondering if anybody played the last game on a mac. I loved TR games but don't have an xbox or a PS. I don't mind waiting for a while to play on mac. How was the game on a mac, is it just or, at least, almost as good as playing on one of those systems? My imac will be 5 or 6 years old by the time it is released, will that be a big problem?

2. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Tomb Raider for mac was an excellent port. It ran very well and with a decent mac it will run better than on xbox360 and ps3.

3. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Thank u. I think by the time it comes out for the mac, I'll be due for a new one so I should be ok.

4. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

I bought Tomb Raider few days ago when it was on sale on Steam for -80%! I only played a few minutes on Macbook Air but I was really surprised at how well it ran.

5. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

IS steam the way to go for mac games or is it better to buy them? I've literally never played a game on any of my macs so I don't even know how steam works. Is it like netflix, fee-based, or is it just an app you buy game through? Thanks!

6. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

Steam is an app through which you buy, and launch the games you buy. Steam is the way to go, when it comes to PC/Mac gaming. You will get all PC/Mac/Linux versions, if available, when you buy a game from Steam, and it is usually the cheapest place to buy a game from with all the amazing deals.

7. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Ok. Thanks again. I'll do that when it's released. Hopefully the new computer purchase and the release will be soon (Although I doubt it)