Tomb Raider Underworld Xbox 360 Demo

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Macjames, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Edit: I should point out it is a playable demo

So i see the demo hit the marketplace, as a massive Tomb Raider fan (i can remember buying the first PS1 game) i was genuinely excited and it made me forget about the UK release of fallout 3 on friday, not an easy feat!

I was really impressed with it, the new engine has some amazing graphics and the character animations are really life like and fluid. Then there's the little things like Lara leap frogging over the smaller obstacles. Unlike legend the environments are much larger and more in line with the original games. I was also impressed with the background sounds such as chirping insects and even faint bells and chimes.

Despite the transition to the new engine there are still some old flaws returning from legend. There's the classic camera issues of never really been able to see where your jumping sometimes and when i was crouched and moving under an object the camera began spinning in circles.

Overall i cant wait for it!

2. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Does anyone know which system it plays best on? The 360, PS3, or Wii?

Thanks...

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

The PC. :D Yes, I know this is consoles... :eek:

I played the demo last week and found it enjoyable, but a bit frustrating at times. I did finish it and I would actually buy this game and will when the price drops.

I would like to try this on the Wii to see how the controls are, because it could be fun, but because of a known bug that breaks it for some unlucky few, I can't justify buying it.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Been playing this on the PS3 today. God the camera is irritating, far more so than the demo even.

But play's alright other than that so far. Only spent an hour so can't give too much of an opinion really.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm waiting for the PSP version. Love Tomb Raider on the go :)

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The game is gar'bage....the controls are frustrating and theirs no need for that s*** now.

Prince of Persia next week.....that is all.

Bless

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Basically it's Tomb Raider controls. Guess I'm used to them, hell I even managed to get through Angel of Darkness somehow.....

But yeah it often feels clunky. You only have to play Uncharted to see how the platform sections do not have to be like this anymore.

Now only if Uncharted was about more adventure than shooting it would have been perfect, at least with Lara the adventure takes more precedence than the shooting.

Prince next week which going on reviews looks to be something worth waiting for.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

OK this game does get VERY GOOD!!!

The opener is meh! but after by chapter two your used to the controls, there are less irritations with the camera effecting your performance and the story and graphics are excellent.

Certainly up there with Uncharted for prettiness sakes and the story is genuinely gripping.

The games story does rely on you having played Legends somewhat though. However it's still very gripping.

I'm really liking it now..

God some really good games have come out this winter..... (just not on the wii) ;):p:)

9. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

HOLY CRAP, I just read that the Wii version has SIMPLIFIED puzzles. :rolleyes: Some developers are dumb, especially the ones that believe gamers aren't up to a challenge.

10. XianPalin macrumors 6502

XianPalin

I've been playing the full version on the PS3.. definitely loving it so far. However, there can be a lot of frustrating times where you're asking "What the hell do I do?", just because you didn't see one little ledge or missed one thing. There is a "Field Guide" on the PDA that can be of help sometimes. Though other times it was pretty useless.

All that being said, even though some parts are frustrating the game is still great.

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I've decided to give the game another shot so I borrowed it from a friend and I still hate the controls and the camera is S***....I getting too frustrated with the controls to enjoy the game.

I'll try to stick with it but its not looking good.

Bless