iPad mini Tomorrow is THE day

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ShakinBake, Dec 29, 2013.

1. ShakinBake macrumors member

Tomorrow is THE day I receive my iPad mini with retina display. I've been waiting on this iPad for a year now and tomorrow I pick up my brand new idevice from my in laws. I live in the Philippines btw so I had to wait for someone i knew to fly in so as to be avoid sketchy filipino shipping. I purchased my iPad mini with Retina display in a frenzy within the first hour of Apple secretly making them available for fear of stock running out. At the time it seemed like the savvy thing to do with all the rumors floating around of screen shortages, looking back I now know i could and should have waited. But tomorrow is THE day I receive my iPad mini and I'm really excited. I'll be crossing my fingers hoping I receive an acceptable screen.

I can't help but ask though, what kind of quality can i expect from this batch of screens? My expectations are already mixed given I've been reading these forums daily the past month. Anyone receive a mint or near mint screen from initial iPad mini with Retina Display shipments? Would waiting have increased my chances of an awesome screen?

2. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

Congrats and try not to look for problems that don't exist. Hopefully this site won't ruin your enjoyment. You will either love it or not based on your own experience and not hysteria posted here, Have fun!!

3. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

Don't worry , I got mine from the first batch and it's perfect !

4. wib macrumors member

Me too!

I queued up and bought it on release day in Japan and mine is absolutely perfect! It is wonderful and changed my life.

Enjoy yours!

5. EezyE macrumors regular

I second this. Mine is a week 47 and appears perfect to me. I have not had any issues with it and have not wasted time with a screen retention test because I cannot see any retention in real world use. I love mine and am enjoying it greatly.

6. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

Tomorrow is THE day you'll find out whether you have an OCD or not. :D

7. knguye11 macrumors newbie

knguye11

Congratulation! I know the feeling. You enjoy this and glad that you got it.

8. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Enjoy it! I wouldn't go looking for faults. I received my Air a few days ago and I haven't bothered to give it a mm by mm inspection - any problems that are worth worrying about should be obvious. Don't worry about tiny imperfections, they'll probably happen anyway and not worth the hassle (only IMO).

9. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Reading these forum would make any new buyer paranoid! :eek:

Just try to relax and enjoy your new Air!:)

10. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Nice! Just turn it on and start using it. Stay away from the forums for the day if you can. Set it up and use it the way you want and you will love it. Have fun!

:)

11. ShakinBake thread starter macrumors member

Got my iPad and I love it. First thing I noticed right away was that it had 79% battery which is just ridiculous considering it's been sitting in its box since November. As for the screen I love it. Yes it's a little warm but meh I'm ok with it. I have no light bleeds and I'm like 96% sure I have even tint. That 4% doubt is my cynical side developed from reading these forums daily lol. As for the gamut it looks totally fine to me although I have no iPad air to compare it too. What surprised me the most so far is how subtle the difference is between the original iPad mini and the retina. For some reason I thought it would b much more drastic. Also the space gray is amazing. I was a little disappointed at first when Apple decided to change the back but after seeing it I can say it complements the black bezels much better than the slate did.

12. Closingracer macrumors 68020

I looked at the mini With retina display at BestBuy a few times and the apple store and while I noticed it looking at my ipad air and the ones there it isn't a huge deal.... It still looks great

13. JGWolven macrumors regular

Don't worry about it man. Honestly. If you go looking for faults you are going to find them. Just enjoy it.

14. JoeRito macrumors 6502a

JoeRito

I recommend a wipe clean and full restore before you get started... Thank u N$A...

15. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Just enjoy it! Congratulations and Happy New Year!