Tomorrow No Man's Sky turns one year old

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by blakespot, Aug 8, 2017.

1. blakespot Administrator

blakespot

And as someone who's been enjoying the experience deeply, here 600 hours in so far, I shared some thoughts about the game, and link to several posts I've made about NMS in the past. I feel that it's come quite a ways since launch and encourage folks to take a second look.

A Gamer’s Reflections as “No Man’s Sky” Turns One Year Old

Cheers.

bp

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

It's rumored the next major update is slated to debut in the next two weeks. I retained my copy of this game when everyone else gave up on in it and I'm glad I did. The last two updates reallly improved the game greatly.

3. blakespot thread starter Administrator

blakespot

Have you been following the ARG (Waking Titan)? Crazy. Sean Murray will give an announcement today. Perhaps the update will land today -- unsure. HG changed their YT channel banner this morning.

bp

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I have. I expect something soon. I think this will be a monumental update.

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Rumors of an XBox One version, as well as an update to make it VR... :)

6. gkarris, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I haven’t played it for a very long time. Thing is, I really enjoyed it. But when developers say they’re going to release a load of patches I’m more inclined to just wait and see what happens. All I wanted from that game was an easier to understand navigation system to find my previous bases, and land vehicles. Do those exist in the game now?

I think the NMS theme on PS4 is its second best theme, beating the PSone theme but being beaten by the lovely Firewatch one.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I liked the premise, the visuals, but getting from point A. to point B, while on planet was painfully slow. I grew tired of taking so long to just walk and explore. Maybe that's changed, maybe I'm being unfair, but I find other games, like FO4 to provide a better experience in that way.

9. Relentless Power, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

That's changed dramatically from your viewpoint. The experiences you listed are from early on release day game play. I would suggest updating, as there are new game modes, land vehicles, base building and if you have a 4K/HDR set up, the visuals are upgraded with reduced aliasing.

10. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Downloading 1.3 - PC at least (will check PS4 later).

Has Stargates (hope MGM is okay with that... ;) )

(Anyone with the address for the Atlantis Planet? Please share... :) )

[​IMG]

11. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

PC REPORT: Mod's not working (gonna have to try one at a time).

Frame-rates much faster. Downloading PS4 version right now....

btw - Anniversary Sale!

$25 on Steam and Playstation Store!

Of course, Gamestop has used copies for $20 ($18 if a member).

You can take advantage of Steam or Gamestop refunds (per policy) if unhappy...

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I had put this game down so long, that its difficult to pick up where i left off, that is knowing where everything is and what not. I was blasted out of the sky by pirates 5 minutes after leaving a space station. I wonder if its too little too late, at least for me.

13. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Never too late!!! You can always start fresh or continue. I started over when Creative Mode came out (I didn't like to have to recharge all the time in Normal Mode).

I love Stargate - now this game has them (MGM was supposed to have a Stargate first person game but it never materialized. This new addition in NMS is so awesome...)

[​IMG]

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I did start over in normal mode, in fact I was excited to do with with the idea of not making the mistakes that I did before, yet I'm unable to find out how to re-download my bonus ship that I got for pre-ordering. I see no option to download it. Not huge thing but one that kind of bothers me.

Maybe I'll try creative mode, but I don't know.