TomTom app HD traffic question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mike Oxard, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Mike Oxard macrumors 6502a

Mike Oxard

If you buy the HD traffic in-app then does it become available on all your iPhones and iPods, or just the one you bought it on?

Cheers!

2. Advil macrumors 6502a

any app that you buy is shared with all of your compatible devices. just log into the app store with the same username and password then "buy now" and it'll give you a popup saying that its free since you already own it :)

3. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

Not sure about the 'HD' part of this thread, but the TomTom traffic add-on is moderated through their own login/system and not iTunes, so it is device specific (unlike most other apps/add-ons)

4. Mike Oxard thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mike Oxard

I think HD Traffic is probably the european name for the traffic add-on. From what you say, I can't buy it with my credit in the itunes store?

5. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

You are able to transfer your Traffic purchase to your new iPhone once you have TomTom installed on it. I did this for my wife's phone.

6. Mike Oxard thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mike Oxard

Thanks.

7. djrm macrumors 6502

djrm

Anyone know if the HD Traffic feature can be bought using itunes vouchers?

8. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

The charge came directly through my iTunes account. So if you have vouchers/gift cards applied to your iTunes account, it should deduct from that balance. At least this is the way it works in the US.

9. Phil Lee macrumors 6502

How did you do this?

10. djrm macrumors 6502

djrm

Awesome thanks so much for that :)

11. allonym macrumors regular

When you first use HD Traffic you set up a username (email address) and password. If you go to the "Traffic" menu in TomTom on a second phone and log in with those details it will work fine but inactivate HD Traffic on the first handset. AFAIK you can swap around as often as you like but it can only be operational on one phone at a time.

12. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

After you install the TomTom app onto a new phone, you go to the Traffic ordering screen and enter the login information. After a successful login, TomTom asked if I would like to transfer the existing Traffic to this phone.

13. popcorn-in-sac macrumors member

Two active Traffic subscriptions

I ran across this thread after having a similar issue that I haven't seen discussed anywhere so far.

My wife and I both share an iTunes account, and therefore share a copy of Tomtom. I just purchased the Traffic add-on on my phone and it works fine.

My wife went to purchase the add-on also since we both travel a fair amount, and I have no way of knowing at any given moment if she's using that function or not. The purchase was rejected by iTunes saying it had already been purchased (I assume that's because iTunes has a record of the purchase from when I bought the add-on and won't allow a duplicate).

Anyone run into this situation before? I'm happy to pay Tomtom for two Traffic subscriptions, but it seems it wasn't designed that way?

I've got a support question out to Tomtom on this, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks,
    Mark