Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HeavenDivine

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Ok guys, how much do you think it would be? What file size?? Will we need the 16gb version if it takes up too much file space?

Anyone have any more pictures?

Attachments

• tomtom-iphone01.jpg
    tomtom-iphone01.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 256

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/12/tomtom-developing-iphone-gps-module/
just to credit the source being engadget

I'd imagine that if it had less features than their current software for their GPS products, it should be cheaper. TomTom have to bear in mind that they'll get people just using Google Maps with tracking on if they don't give a competitive price - After all, Google Maps can do tracking, and with a mash up of the site, could do all manner of other things.

trevreyno

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2007
I would imagine it would be the same file size as TomTom apps running on the PDA's Windows powered smart-phones.

For example the full european maps including the TomTom application was just under 2GB's.

Most of that is map data the TomTom app itself only being about 160MB.

So it depends on what maps your going to put on it the UK specific Map is only about 230MB.

mailliw

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2008
I was under the impression that, for the time being, no third-party would be allowed to provide explicit driving directions ala TomTom. Apple's tie-up with Google, but also some archaic legal ruling that would theoretically get Apple into trouble.

For the time being I think we'll have to make do with Google. Oh woe is us!

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
I was under the impression that, for the time being, no third-party would be allowed to provide explicit driving directions ala TomTom. Apple's tie-up with Google, but also some archaic legal ruling that would theoretically get Apple into trouble.

I think TomTom knows about liability regardig this area, and Apple will cut them some slack. There's an article about it on Fortune.

joseluis.17

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2008
monterrey, mexico

so you are saying that there's no way we are getting tom tom in our iphones? because I would love to have turn by turn directions and that kind of stuff... you know why they are nor allowing that kind software?

Scooterman1

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2008
Houston, Tx
Software Application: $149. Size: Large unless they have it access a server over the 3G like the iPhone does with Google. I wan't Audio Turn By Turn and not just Visual like Google.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.