TomTom Car Kit for iPhone - $99.95

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nburwell, Jun 1, 2010.

1. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Looks like both Amazon and Apple have lowered the price for the TomTom car kit for the iPhone from $119.95 to $99.95. This price drop happened within the past few hours since I was on Amazon this morning, and it was still $119.95. Just thought I would give everyone a heads up; especially if you have been thinking about purchasing the kit for your car. Link to Amazon is provided below.

http://www.amazon.com/TomTom-Car-Ki...TF8&coliid=I3631HEJQCTB3H&colid=3BRQ6160W5UO0

2. rssfed23 macrumors member

I'm starting to wonder if price drops everywhere are a precursor for a new version of the car kit?

Would be a real pain if the 4G (when I get it) wont fit in my 2 month old tomtom car kit!

3. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Well at least the TomTom app is still compatible. :cool:

4. darknightB macrumors newbie

5. Mr. Gates macrumors 68020

Mr. Gates

--Redmond --------- ----------------Washington---
    I think the lack of curves on the (4) will either make it incompatible or an un-easy fit

6. SooneratND macrumors regular

Why do you say that?

I have the kit and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. The way it is designed, the only dimension that really matters is length, which is nearly identical between the two phones. I'm not certain, but it seems like the new one should pop in just as easy as the old one. None of the "curves" on the 3GS ever touched the kit anyway.