Tomtom car kit price

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Gav2k, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Well after talking to a family friend that quite high up in a for now un named company I was told the expected price for the tomtom kit.

Tbh I hit the floor with shock. Uk expected rrp is £99 for the car kit.

2. angle macrumors regular

After talking to my sister's friend's boyfriend's cousin's thrice removed uncle who works at a distribution plant that maybe-kinda-sorta receives products from a guy who eats lunch at the same restaurant as a guy who knows someone from Tom Tom, I can tell you with 100% certainty that the car kit is going to sell for $59.99US.

Oh, and I also heard that the Apple Tablet is going to come in hot pink and be released next week!

3. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

:eek:

4. brobert99 macrumors member

To be fair to him that is similar to the price that was rumoured on here a few weeks back (also included the app).

So if it is true:

£100 for app and dock

or

£60 for app only

makes the dock £40 which seems quite reasonable to me considering the features it has

just my 2c worth

5. wilderness1957 macrumors regular

How do you go about buying the carkit and ap together? Would there be a Download code inside the package for the mount?

6. RangerXML macrumors regular

What kind of a discount we looking at if we buy both TomTom app and accessory, cause I'm looking at going to BestBuy today and loading up on 3x $10 iTunes gift card for $25 to get TomTom.

D.

7. Tigerdaly macrumors newbie

As well as the price issue .............. when are they going to release the car kit .
    Whose gonna buy the Tom Tom app and selotape it to the dashboard.
    It is almost a car safety issue allowing it to be released without the holder, you are gonna see hundreds of accidents after drivers are scrabbling around their footwell retrieving their iphone cuz they couldn't hear it etc.

Wish they had released together and made the whole experience easier.

8. Tazzman macrumors newbie

That's what I thought but after reading handtec's website it says that no software in included. So that meens that it is £99 +vat for the doc & £59.99 for the app which starts to make it a tad expensive...

But I did find an offer that http://www.clintoncards.co.uk/itunespromotion/ will be doing an itunes promotion where you can buy 2x£15 itunes cards for £20 + £2.75p&p, which means if you buy 4 cards you can buy tomtom from the app store for £40.00
    Checkout http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1889581 for more details.