Tomtom iPhone 4 car dock?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by egraphixstudios, Jun 8, 2010.

1. egraphixstudios macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

I have a tomtom 3g/3gs dock for my car, any news on tomtom releasing a new one to fit the differently designed iphone 4?

2. eh270 macrumors regular

I'm more interested to know if the existing one will work well with the new design. Can anyone who has one speculate whether iPhone 4 will be able to snap in and be held firmly, given the way it's designed?

3. egraphixstudios thread starter macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

I dont think the iphone 4 will fit unless you damage the edges pushing it in. the roller on the dock on the top part rolls nicely with the 3gs.

4. weizhen77 macrumors newbie

Looking forward to "upgrade" my 2 years old iPhone 3G to iPhone 4, BUT...

Below is what I'd received from TomTom support team a day ago:

5. liamhi808 macrumors newbie

Cardboard

The iPhone 4 fits into the Tomtom cradle fairly well. You do need a piece of foam or cardboard to place in between the phone and the activator switch by the connector for the charger and blue tooth to work properly.

6. egraphixstudios thread starter macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

I stuck some soft side velcro on the rocker switch and it works superbly! :D

And since the edges on the phone are steel- the top roller on the dock doesnt do any damage when inserting/removing phone from cradle.