- Apr 12, 2001
Version 1.2 of TomTom U.S. & Canada [App Store, $99.99], submitted last week, has gone live in the App Store, bringing text-to-speech, lane guidance and a number of other new features to the popular GPS navigation application. Similar updates for a number of other international versions of the application have also begun appearing.
One other important feature of note is the addition of support for the original iPhone and all iPod touch models. The iPod touch lacks internal GPS, however, so those devices would have to paired with an external GPS receiver such as the TomTom car kit in order to function.
AWARD-WINNING NAVIGATION EXPERIENCE
- Improved search and route summary screens
DETAILED, UP-TO-DATE MAPS
- FREE updated map from v8.30 to 8.35
- Updated points of interest database
IQ ROUTES TECHNOLOGY
- Updated IQ Routes database with millions of new measurements
ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES
- Added Advanced Lane Guidance in both portrait and landscape mode
- Added Text-to-speech in English US, English UK, English Australia, French Canada, Spanish Latin America
- Added Help Me! emergency menu
DESIGNED AND OPTIMIZED FOR THE IPHONE AND IPOD TOUCH
- Added iPod player support
- Added support for original iPhone and iPod touch (all models).
Article Link: TomTom Version 1.2 Released, Adds Compatibility With Original iPhone and iPod Touch