TomTom Voices Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pjtoadie, Sep 19, 2010.

1. pjtoadie macrumors member

Not sure if anyone else on here has tried to install celebrity voices on their TomTom app but it seems the only way is to have a jailbroken iPhone? I saw a post on doing it through the ipa file but iTunes gives me an error message when trying to install on the iPhone because it was modified. Of course I have an iPhone 4 with version 4.1 so I can't jailbreak at the moment. Is there any other way? Thanks in advance!

2. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

I think the only way then is to wait for a JB.

My iPhone 4 is JB and have succesfully changed a voice but it's not the voice i really want.I have the official Yoda and Dath Vader voices but after overwriting one voice with either of the voices mentioned TomTom just crashes :mad:

3. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

http://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom-...-voices-pois-iphone-without-jailbreaking.html

There are instructions here to customise the tom-tom app without jailbraking. Not sure if it works but I will try myself

I used to heavily customise my standalone tom-tom device, especially the POVs

4. pjtoadie thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I tried that and iTunes won't install the app on my iPhone. It gives me an error message "Unable to install this app as the content has been modified."

5. pjtoadie thread starter macrumors member

Could you send those my way please :D

6. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

PM me an e-maill addy and i'll send them later tonight, hope you can get them working as i cant.

As i said before, after applying them via SSH and selecting the voice i overwrote TomTom just crashes.

7. pjtoadie thread starter macrumors member

Did you use iPhone Browser?

8. pjtoadie thread starter macrumors member

Ok will do thanks :)....I read somewhere that you can use iPhone Browser and just switch out one of the files with the new ones. I guess you have to replace and not add or it won't work. Right now SSH is foreign language to me as I've never used jailbreak.