Tones During a Call

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tjevans, Oct 21, 2009.

1. tjevans macrumors member

tjevans

As close as I can tell, you can use the iphone's keypad to enter "key tones" during a call (such as when navigating a phone tree), but when you begin talking, the keypad is then muted, so you can no longer use the keypad. I need to be able to enter a keypad tone after I have spoken, such as when leaving a voicemail and copying it to other subscribers on the same pbx system. However, when I try to do this, either the iphone is not transmitting the tones or the system cannot pick them up.

Is this a "problem" with the iphone, and if so, is there a solution?

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

I'm not sure why you are having this issue, maybe it's who you are calling? I've had to do this on occasion as well.

I usually take the phone off my ear, hit the keypad button and press the appropriate key. Worked everytime I needed it to. :)

3. tjevans thread starter macrumors member

tjevans

Yes, that's what I do. It works at first (before I have spoken) but not after, so I reasoned it's a problem with the phone -- either the tones timing out -- or the software figures you don't need tones after you've spoken.