Tonite I played all three COD games at Steam: COD:MW2, COD:MW3, COD4:MW

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by blackxacto, Aug 7, 2018.

1. blackxacto, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018

blackxacto macrumors 6502

blackxacto

Tonite I have played all there MULTIPLAYER COD games at Steam: COD:MW2, COD:MW3, COD4:MW all run on my 17,1 iMac in High Sierra. Asper says they are reworking on a 64 bit for the latest release, so when Apple forces 64 bit on all of us, the other two COD's will go away.

2. Partron22 macrumors 68020

Partron22

How can Apple force 64 bit on you?
    You are not required to stick with the latest OS.
    I still have Macs running 10.5, which will run OS 9 in emulation mode.
    In the closet is a Macintosh that will run system 1.0 - if the 400K floppy is still good.
    It'd be a heck of a challenge getting 10.14 running on that 512kB 68K machine.

If you don't like the move to 64 bits, don't do it.
    When Apple went from 16 to 32 bit back around 1993, there was a fair band of folk who decided not to follow along.
    A lot of good games, drafting and other software never made it through that switch.
    I'm sure the switch to 64 only will lose us a lot more Apps.
    It's not as if Apple has done much to encourage the outside developer community these past 7 years.
    It's no fun being treated as a burden.

3. blackxacto thread starter macrumors 6502

blackxacto

You still storing things on floppies? I remember when I couldn’t imagine using up a 1 gb Jazz Drive disk?

4. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

A newer OS is not guaranteed to be better.

Look at High Sierra :).

Besides, you are using hardware upgrades as an example of why you should upgrade.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 10, 2018 ---
    I'm not sure when and if I'll upgrade to 10.14 after all the issues with 10.13.

I'm definitely not upgrading to 10.15 (64 bit only).

5. e1me5 macrumors regular

e1me5

Which too are need to be updated to 64bits? And did they say anything about the HD remastered versions hitting the Mac as well?

6. blackxacto thread starter macrumors 6502

blackxacto

Aspyr sent me an email notice that they had all three multiplayer working at Steam in the last few days. They also said they are trying to rewrite the latest COD for Mac in 64bit. I have lost the email I received from Aspyr, but it would stand to reason that they will rewrite the latest COD for Mac which is COD:MW3, but I can't say that for certain. They are rewriting one anyways. I wish they would port the latest COD:WW2 to the Mac.