tons of app glitches when upgrading to 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seenew, Oct 20, 2015.

1. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Hi everyone,

I just upgraded from a 5s to a 6s. Actually, I first go a 6s Plus, but decided this morning on the subway that using that beast with one hand is not going to work for me. So I went to the Apple store and traded for a regular 6s.

I didn't have any issues last night when I synced the 6s+ with my iPhone backup from iTunes, but the regular 6s froze repeatedly while in the initial setup (the white Hello screens with iCloud login, etc) forcing me to restart several times before I got through that stage.

Then when it finished loading my backup, many of my apps were blacked out and wouldn't open, and some of them said "waiting..." underneath but never loaded. I deleted all of these problem apps and then started downloading them one at a time and it seems to be working, but is painfully slow and tedious.

Also seems like my wifi and LTE do not work nearly as well on the 6s as they did on the 5s. I hope I am imagining this and it clears up.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced these frustrations and if you have any solutions. I'm really pissed off about it-- such an expensive device by a company that I've always known to make things that "just work" and now I'm banging my head against the wall because I've got a flight in the morning and half my apps aren't loaded.

:(

Time to switch to Android?

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Yep, dead apps that I had to delete and reinstall. No WiFi issues though and face it, you would have to download and probably purchase again the apps you need if you switched to Android...
    iOS9 and/or iCloud is buggy at the moment when it comes to backups,

3. tarasis macrumors 6502a

tarasis

I've noticed the Wifi & LTE aren't as good/strong as they where on my 5S. Often where I have 4 dots of LTE on the 5S, I've inly had 3 on the 6S.

I also had horrid problem on one restore to the 6S, other times it's worked fine. Still debating returning it and staying with the 5S for another year.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I had to re install multiple apps as did everyone else.

5. Berthacrowley macrumors member

Berthacrowley

I didn't have to re-download any of my apps when I switched from my 5S to my 6S+ but I had to reinstall almost all of my husband's apps after switching his over from a 5 to a 6S. I did a backup to iTunes & restored on each so I'm not sure why the difference but it was the same as yours, they all said "waiting" and were grayed out for hours so I just deleted them all and re-downloaded. But like I said, I didn't have to reinstall any of mine. So weird.

6. mrklaw macrumors 65816

not just me then. I bought a 6s+, set it up as a brand new device and installed my main apps that I used on android or ipad. I then bought a 6s to try out the smaller size and set it up from a backup of the 6s+. Probably half the apps would just immediately quit to the homescreen when trying to open them, making me have to delete/reinstall them. Very frustrating. Surely its just downloading the apps from the app store anyway - it wouldn't be literally backing them up?

Probably going to stick with the 6s. So much more comfortable to use.