Tons of dropped calls but not antenna prob.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cubs08, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Cubs08 macrumors member

Just replaced iPhone 2G with 4 and now getting tons of dropped calls. Reception shows full bars and staying far away from the fatal lower left.

What???

2. mastershakess macrumors 6502

3. -E- macrumors newbie

2G is on Edge. Welcome to the 3G network. Dropped calls are going to happen. You can always turn off the 3G and see if that makes a difference for you.

4. Cubs08 thread starter macrumors member

I've had 3G off and it's happening.

This is insane! Nearly every call last a couple of minute then drops. And if it doesn't drop I get echos. But it shows full bars.

5. FrazzledRazz macrumors newbie

Same exact situation here... Switched from 2g to i4 and at least 75-80% of my calls have dropped. Don't listen to the naysayers this is not the norm... it is an issue with the phone and not the network. My sister and I both got new i4's on the same day and she does not have the same problems with her phone as I do with mine. She upgraded from a 3G and is familiar with the 3G network... She never had issues with such a large volume of dropped calls.

Ps: go cubbies! (even though this season sucks lol)

6. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

I haven't had one single dropped call since buying my phone. Zero reception problems either. Even the 3GS is constant, reliable, and fast.

7. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

Have you done any troubleshooting on your part? Like rebooting the phone or even restoring it? If you truly think it's a defect, take it back! Why post on a forum about it? Just take it back.

8. Cubs08 thread starter macrumors member

Clarification: your sister with an iPhone 4 is NOT having the same issues you are having with the same phone? If that's true then I need to swap out the phone at apple.

9. Cubs08 thread starter macrumors member

Tried some of that stuff. Posting here to take advantage of the collective wisdom of other users before trudging over to Apple. You make it sound like that's a bad thing.

10. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

You're the one making it sound like a bad thing when 75-80% of your calls are dropped. Take it back :) (for an exchange I mean).

11. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

Whoa, this is the point of these forums. If you don't like it, don't read it and certainly don't post on it. The forum held your hand when you were one of the last on launch day to receive your phone.

12. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

owned every model...

Have owned every model since the first and definitely seeing dropped calls as an issue but not the antenna issue.

I lost several calls with one person near the microwave (although it wasn't running) while in the kitchen.
    Have lost another when my left hand held the phone in "the spot." Didn't realize it until the call failed.

Have tested the internet data and it's fine even held in the left hand death grip.
    But there does seem to be an issue going on with dropped calls. I've restarted once and will try again.

Noticed no problem when I moved from the kitchen and just using the bluetooth minutes later. But also some complaints about my bluetooth. Folks that never said anything before with the 3GS are now complaining about how my Jabra JX10 II sounds.

Something is up. Trying to figure it out and curious what comes from Apple on Monday.
    :cool:

13. zoman504 macrumors regular

Don't listen to this idiot. You came here looking for knowledge and to see if others were experiencing it, that's the purpose (or atleast should be) of forums.

I've had a couple drops as well. If it persists this week, I will most likely be exchanging it to try another i4 out.

14. SailorMike macrumors member

+1

15. FrazzledRazz macrumors newbie

Yes that is correct.

I tried calling apple a bunch of times last night but after being on hold for 20+ minutes, I gave up. The soonest I can get to an apple store is tuesday, but I just hope they have some replacements that actually work.