TONS of questions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ag55, Aug 10, 2009.

1. ag55 macrumors regular

Please bear with me, i dont expect you to answer every single question ;)

1. My Logitech DiNovo edge keyboard keeps disconnecting after system restart. The bluetooth assistant pops up saying there is no keyboard, it eventually finds my dinovo edge, makes me type in the numbers and then i am able to connect - how do i keep it synced permanently?

2. My MX Revolution mouse is not recognized by the mac mini bluetooth, i can only connect it by using the USB bluetooth dongle. How can i make the mini sync to the mouse using its own bluetooth instead of the USB dongle?

3. What is the expose key for a dinovo edge keyboard designed for windows?

4. How do i get the delete key to delete files, it currently does nothing expect for deleting text etc.

5. How do i change the drive letter for an external USB hard drive, it has all my music on. I was planning to copy my main itunes library files (which point to music on drive L). But i need to change the drive letter to L

2. devburke Guest

1) I don't have an answer for you

2) This may be a dumb question (particularly since you were able to get your keyboard to connect), but it's the only thing I know to check. Did you set up your mouse through the Bluetooth pane of System Preferences?

Picture 1.png

3) If you go to the Keyboard & Mouse preferences and click the Keyboard Shortcuts tab, you should find this:

Picture 2.png

Here, if there's not a keyboard shortcut set up already, you can make one yourself.

4) To send files to the Trash, instead of just pressing delete, hold cmd and press delete.

5) OS X doesn't use drive letter names.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's because it's not a bluetooth mouse. It's a wireless USB mouse. It requires the USB dongle for connectivity.
    The delete key alone isn't used for deleting files on a Mac. To delete files, either use Cmd-Delete or right-click and "Move to Trash" or simply drag them to your Trash, located on your Dock.
    Mac OS X doesn't use drive letters, like Windows. iTunes doesn't look for a drive letter on a Mac. It looks for a path.

4. devburke Guest

Oh good call, I didn't even think to check for that. Yeah, OP, not all wireless mice are Bluetooth. Now that I think about it, it'd be kinda weird if a Bluetooth mouse DID come with, as you put it, a "dongle". I actually have a wireless Logitech mouse myself that uses a "dongle".

5. ag55 thread starter macrumors regular

Aah yeah my bad. The recievers for the mouse and keyboard look exactly the same, both logitech, i swore i saw a bluetooth logo on the mouse dongle but must have been mistaken.

Guess i'll need a USB hub.

Thanks for the help

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

FWIW, a number of the ones marketed towards Windows users used to (say 4-5 years ago), because there were so few Windows computers at that time with internal BT interfaces... at least, my memory is there were sets like this, and then the confusion was whether the USB interface was a true BT interface that could work for other devices and similarly whether the mouse could work with other BT hosts.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

USB logo: [​IMG] Bluetooth logo: [​IMG]

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

As to your diNovo I would try it with another Mac because that problem sounds like it is faulty. My family owns three of those keyboards none of them ever disconnect.

9. ag55 thread starter macrumors regular

:rolleyes: I know the logos thanks

10. Zerozal macrumors 6502

It's worth pointing out to the OP to make sure to use the actual DELETE key (where the "Backspace" key would be on a PC) for the CMD-DELETE function, and not the FRONT delete key. That threw me for a loop when I first got my Mac.

11. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

LOL And I was equally confused in my first experience using a school PC on Windows 2000. I needed to hit Control-Alt-Delete to login, and Control-Alt-Backspace wasn't working! :D

12. devburke Guest

I've had to to the ctrl-alt-del thing to log in too. Isn't it kind of asinine (to use a Hank Hill word) to make you press a three key combo just to log into the damn machine?