Too Bad Apple isn't a Carrier

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bryan Bowler, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

AT&T is screwing customers that are paying full price for their phones with "upgrade fees". Verizon is screwing their customers too. T-Mobile is completely lost right now and can't place orders in any sort of timely manner and their legal contracts are all jacked up...but they swear up and down that it's ok to sign a contract that lists higher pricing because they'll reimburse you later with a credit. And then for nearly all of the carriers, it's extremely difficult trying to figure out what it is you're actually paying because of all the smoke and mirrors. (Buying a used car pales in comparison.)

Wouldn't it be nice if Apple was your cell phone carrier? Sure, they'd charge an arm and a leg, but I bet it would be straight forward and painless.

I'm so disappointed with the mobile carrier industry in the United States...

2. sterl320 macrumors 6502

People seem to dislike Sprint, but they have been good to me for years. It has the cheapest upgrade program of them all, and its only $60 for unlimited everything, and i seem to always have LTE as well.

3. Rigby macrumors 601

If Apple Music is any indication, it would be far from straight forward and painless. :p And as you said, it would certainly not be cheap ...

But if AT&T actually end up charging an "upgrade" fee if someone buys a phone for full price somewhere else than AT&T and swaps the SIM, that would be pretty outrageous. But that's not what was announced back in June.