Too bad no Apple Pen support

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MBX, Oct 28, 2016.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

Love the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar.

Was really hoping to see the trackpad compatible with Apple pen so you could use it to draw on like Wacom.

That would've been the cherry on the cake, especially after the really nice Microsoft Surface studio. Both are really great machines but I love OSX too much and being mobile with a laptop.

2. cap7ainclu7ch macrumors regular

Honestly seems kind of silly, but that feature would have been huge for me. That massive trackpad would basically be a mini-wacom tablet and be an absolute killer feature for digital media creation (graphic design, photography, ect). Instead we get a bar with icons that are already displayed on the screen (I was open to idea, but the demo's seemed pretty forced IMO).

This laptop could have really been a game changer with a few changes.

3. ag29 macrumors 6502

I'm sure it'll happen down the line. MY prediction: 2018.

4. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

2018 wow. We have a Touch Bar in 2016 but can't get a pen to work on the trackpad until 2018?

I think it's just Apple not pushing hard enough to include this feature already.

It's a shame because Microsoft stuff is touchscreen compatible and you can draw on it. I don't need a touchscreen on a laptop but a pen compatible trackpad would be very useful. I don't want to carry a wacom all the time and it would simplify things so much when traveling.