Too easy to move windows.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Xander7, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Xander7 macrumors newbie

Am I the only one who has a problem with this? If you click and drag pretty much anywhere on the border of a window, you will move the window, even in between buttons. I could be using Firefox or Safari, miss the "back" button by a few pixels, then accidentally drag the window away from the position I want it in, and then I have to painstakingly move it back.

It seems to me most Mac users would say "You'll just get used to it" or try to come up with some other silly excuse for why it's better than Windows. Take the screwed up mouse acceleration algorithm in OS X, for example, it makes all mice feel unnatural and laggy even in comparison to using the same mouse while running Bootcamp. (As a side note, I've spent days looking for a decent solution to the mouse acceleration problem, but nothing has made it any better.)

Anyways, does anyone know of any solutions to these windows that are "too easy to move"?

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

1. Maybe you need to look where your cursor is before clicking - its not Apples fault it works the way it should - accurately :rolleyes:

2. Again thats weird. My Magic Mouse doesnt have any problems, and works just fine with the mouse acceleration problem, I think your just used to the way Windows does it (See I hate having to use a Mouse on Windows as it just doesnt work very well for me - hence why my only PC is a TabletPC - much better).

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

4. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I had no problem when I switch to Mac. I love my magic mouse. From what you said about trying to click the back button and dragging the window it sounds more like you are prematurely clicking the mouse before your cursor is in place.

5. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Do your windows have to be pixel-perfect? I don't think I've ever thought of moving a window as pain-staking.

Just look where you click. The mouse is simply doing exactly what you're telling it to, and if you click where there isn't a button, it's not going to click on the button you want.