Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I'm already sick of the bezel bashing.

"ITS HUGE! I get that it needs to be that big so theres something to hold on to, but throwing logic/reality aside, ill continue to bitch!" :rolleyes:

I don't understand the lack of camera though.

dave1812dave

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2009

"ITS HUGE! I get that it needs to be that big so theres something to hold on to, but throwing logic/reality aside, ill continue to bitch!" :rolleyes:

I don't understand the lack of camera though.

So you are miffed at the lack of camera, but won't allow others to complain about the overly wide bezel? LOL! BTW, the bezel is HUGE!!! LOL!

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
So you are miffed at the lack of camera, but won't allow others to complain about the overly wide bezel? LOL! BTW, the bezel is HUGE!!! LOL!

I'm not miffed, why the hell would anyone actually get upset over a product? Thats a bit too much emotional investment don't you think?

I just love seeing people bitch about something, acknowledge that it has its purpose, then continue to bitch without offering any alternative. If you can't come up with an alternative idea, i just see it as pure bitching.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004

No, the bezel must go. You just move your fingers when you want to read what's underneath.

The touch software would have to recognize the holding gesture, and not take it as input.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
No, the bezel must go. You just move your fingers when you want to read what's underneath.

The touch software would have to recognize the holding gesture, and not take it as input.

What an elegant solution.

dave1812dave

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2009
I'm not miffed, why the hell would anyone actually get upset over a product? Thats a bit too much emotional investment don't you think?

I just love seeing people bitch about something, acknowledge that it has its purpose, then continue to bitch without offering any alternative. If you can't come up with an alternative idea, i just see it as pure bitching.

I can't see how the iPad has any "alternative" that's NOT a netbook. The price of the 16GB without 3g isn't too pricey, but WHO IS GOING TO CARRY THAT THING AROUND WITH THEM EVERYWHERE???

and.sleepless

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2009
I don't get why so many are annoyed by a lack of a built in camera. It supposed to be something you view books/newpapers/magazines on. I wouldn't want a camera on it, I would never use it.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007

These people have been getting a mental hand job from apple for...well..years and Apple just decided to leave them all without a happy ending.

That's the best way I can think of it :D

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I can't see how the iPad has any "alternative" that's NOT a netbook. The price of the 16GB without 3g isn't too pricey, but WHO IS GOING TO CARRY THAT THING AROUND WITH THEM EVERYWHERE???

People that like the device obviously. Is that a hard concept to understand?

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I don't get why so many are annoyed by a lack of a built in camera. It supposed to be something you view books/newpapers/magazines on. I wouldn't want a camera on it, I would never use it.

Really? So this is just an e-reader? Were you watching the same keynote I was?

They want/expect this device to be more than just an e-reader. You wouldn't retool iWork for an e-reader.

Like we've all mentioned - no camera a) removes any augmented reality apps/possibilities, no ichat, no way to update facebook/tweet/etc a picture you take with the device, no optical recognition apps like redlaser, etc.

No multitasking on an iphone has been a complain for years - not something I care about. But if I was going to buy this to be my primary or even secondary means of email/etc - then I would love to be able to have a few apps open at one time vs going in and out.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
DUDE!!! Stop drinking the Kool-Aide! 70% of the folks answering the poll don't think they will buy one. Get a clue, fanboi!

I'm not even buying one this revision, I'm a fanboy because I'm not crying that apple didn't put a camera in or the bezel is a bit too big?

I can see the market for the product, that makes me a fanboy?

dave1812dave

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2009
I'm not even buying one this revision, I'm a fanboy because I'm not crying that apple didn't put a camera in or the bezel is a bit too big?

I can see the market for the product, that makes me a fanboy?

No, no, no. I called you a fanboi for STATING that "people like this device". ah, the reception wasn't all that great, if you were paying attention! Weren't you around for the first iphone unveiling? THAT was a "big deal". This is a big disappointment.

P

pixeladdict

I agree with most of the points.. the bezel thing doesn't bother me though.

Imagine you would visit Rome for example and get to an interesting landmark and by pointing your iPad's camera towards it and see Information wikitude-style on your 10" display - that would have been "magical", I think :)

If it wont work with T-Mobile it's not an option for me anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.