Too Funny...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CalBoy, Jul 4, 2007.

1. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

So my sister sits down to use my mbp, and after she logs in, she just waits. On her PC, Windows needs several minutes before it's ready to go. After 15 seconds, I ask, "what are you waiting for?" She looks at me and smirks, "I don't know." Just goes to show some of you potential switchers how good the Mac side of the world is:D

2. JasonMac macrumors regular

JasonMac

LOL, thats exactly what I tell people on my switch video I did on youtube. Its so much faster than windows!!!

:)

3. sfisher macrumors regular

Interesting:)

If only I were that patient with Windows. Right when I see icons to click on, I start clicking on them like I do on Mac/Unix. That ends up crashing programs half the time or slowing the login process even more :rolleyes:.

4. CalBoy thread starter macrumors 604

CalBoy

It really is. At work, I get annoyed because now I'm used to having dozens of apps running at lightning fast speeds. Our computers at work are pathetic, seriously. Two open windows and they get confused.

5. CalBoy thread starter macrumors 604

CalBoy

Tell me about it. My sister still has the habit of closing windows when she's done, and I have to remind her, "it's ok to leave them running!"

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

On my parents computer i know i have to wait for the scanner to make a sound then and only then can i use the computer. This can actually take about 3 minutes to happen.

Currently on my mac i have
    0xED
    iGetter
    Adobe Reader
    Adobe Photoshop CS3
    Preview
    Quicktime
    Word
    Kechain Access
    Colloquy
    Pacifist
    Property List editior
    Firefox
    Terminal
    Textedit
    iTunes
    Mail
    Vienna
    Safari (with about 12 tabs)

If i where to do this on my gf dad computer with similar specs, boy would it be slow. But do i notice any difference between having all of these programs open and a fresh boot, no a single bit. Brilliant.

7. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

I'll tell you guys, it's nice to be on the Mac side of things... no slowdowns here. I'm just waiting until I get 4 Gb of RAM in my MBP, I could have every App. open and no slowdown. Heh, I love how everything is instantaneous:)

8. jdechko macrumors 68040

No kidding. I have a problem with my VAIO that resuming from hibernation sometimes loads everything runs a program or 2 and then starts to hibernate again.

9. kolax macrumors G3

I have to wait about 5-10 seconds before I can use my MBP if I've just booted it up. I have Entourage which needs to load and then get hidden, MSN MEssenger, Temperature Monitor and Address Book.

I think it's Entourage which takes so long though - don't think Office 2004 is Universal Binary is it?

10. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

No its not