too good to be true? CL scam?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by trent0n, Feb 27, 2011.

1. trent0n macrumors newbie

2. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

If it's too good to be true on Craigslist or eBay; it is. Don't even bother. Run away.

3. Psilocybin macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

Uhm I don't know who's stupid enough to sell it at that price. I would watch it

4. altecXP macrumors 65816

5. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Ask to meet in a VERY PUBLIC place like a crowded Starbucks and check it out. If it does have a foreign keyboard, can you live with it?

Inspect it 100% and realize it may be stolen.

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

looks like the typical CL scams that are popping up everywhere for Apple Laptops

7. trent0n thread starter macrumors newbie

@ 350 i dont care if it has a klingon keyboard...i just dont want to get busted for having a stolen laptop....

8. racer1441 macrumors 68000

*Scottish accent*

Getting out of stolen property charges is easy.....reading klingon, that's hard.

/accent

9. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Either it's a scam, or it's stolen.

Either way.. bad idea.

10. GadgetAddict macrumors 6502

Classic scam. Shoot an email an you'll get a response advertising a web site or asking to ship and pay with paypal.

11. trent0n thread starter macrumors newbie

lol yep its a scam

Hi,

The MacBook Air is still available, but I'm currently in London, United Kingdom. Because of the financial crisis, I lost my job in United States and I had to move at my sister in London ( here I found a good job ) .
    I don't need the laptop anymore so I tried to sell the laptop locally, but with no luck. I was offered silly money for the laptop because of issues like - it is a US version or the warranty doesn't work here or that it has a US keyboard format. That's why I'm trying my luck in the US.
    I hope you are still interested. The laptop was bought brand new from Apple a 6 months ago. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
    About the laptop I can say it is 6 months old and it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the $350 price is everything the laptop came with when it was new, including the original manuals and warranty papers. The warranty is fully transferable to the new owner.
    The laptop is here with me in UK.
    I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.
    Please get back to me and let me know if you like the laptop if you're really interested in buying it.

I emailed em back and said i was in london also and asked if we can meet up so i can take a look......

12. pishowda macrumors newbie

someone is selling a macbook air on my local craiglist page for 350. Doesn't give the size, but it looks like its one of the newer models. 320m card, 2 gigs ram.

Anyway, if it isn't a real ad and I'm not getting a new computer for 350 bucks, I really I hope that its the same scammer that posted in your area.

but seriously. I hope this isn't a scam. haha

13. iExpensive macrumors 6502

iExpensive

If it's less than $800 it's always a scam.

14. Mr. Savage macrumors regular

Mr. Savage

15. pishowda macrumors newbie

but..but.. the poster says its like new!! and its so cheap!! It has to be legit, right!? ;)