Too good to be true? Iphone price...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Robby9279, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Robby9279 macrumors regular

I need to know if anybody has heard/used/or at least confirmed that Qbelam. is a legitimate site. They have 16GB Iphones running for about $370 USD. And on eBay the phones run for $800. I really am interested in getting an iPhone and if anybody knows of this site and knows that it is safe, or if anybody has even used it that would fantastic. Really want one of these phones, and if I can get it unlocked for 370 bucks that would make it even better.

Here's a link to the phone on the site:
    http://qbelam.com/product113.html

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

What part of "You know what they say: If it's too good to be true, it probably is." is unclear?

Any iPhone under $400 is either locked or a scam.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

4. Robby9279 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, I was just curious, the main question was to verify if this site was a legitimate seller, didn't mean to agitate you

Thank you for answering my question, good thing I didn't buy anything :D

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Oh, not at all. Sorry if it came across as such; I just refuse to believe that there's anyone out there who hasn't heard that before. :p

It's too bad, though, that the black market for these things drives the price so high... or is it?

6. Robby9279 thread starter macrumors regular

haha, yeah it is :p

And would you say, my best bet at getting an iPhone unlocked would be off ebay? So far that's the only place that's confirmed, and even with that I'm still skeptical about purchasing from ebay
    (anybody want know how the people with 200 iphones on ebay get them?, I do!)

7. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

iPhones are cheaper on craigslist than they are on ebay. I know a couple guys that got a 8gb iphone for $200...they were 2G but still....they worked fine.
    I have seen a white 16GB on there for $370....just one tho and it was in Vegas where i live. If you look everyday and replay fast you can find a good deal compared to ebay.

8. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Yup. To good to be true. That would be one hell of a profit if it were true and you resold them. Lol