Too good to be true?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Liquinn, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

2. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Do NOT buy an iPad Air of any model. iPad Air is a laggy mess right now, plus just a couple months you will see what they may be doing for the next iPad. Rumors have been that there will be no Air 3 this year, but even if there isn't, it's better to wait rather than get screwed over. It's either iPad Air 2, iPad Air 3 or nothing in my opinion. I repeat. Do. Not. Get. An. iPad. Air.

Unless you really want one lol. But still, I would extremely advise against it.

3. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

They seem fast in the store.

4. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

I've had an iPad Air since a few months after launch. It's not laggy at all! I still have no plans of upgrading this year because it's plenty fast enough for me.

5. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

It's not really slow, it's just animations and stuff (increase contrast and reduce motion off!) stutter and drop frames to an unacceptable amount, plus safari tabs and apps refresh extremely quickly when you leave them because the iPad doesn't have enough RAM. iPad Air 2 has double the RAM, therefore, doesn't have much of a reloading issue.

6. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

I will give you the reloading on Safari issue. And I'm sure the iPad Air is slower than the iPad Air 2, but you presented it as unusable and that's totally not true. I'm super picky and alepways need to have the latest tech. I have had no qualms about using this the past year over the iPad Air 2.

7. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

Yeah, the RAM issue is real. But lag? Seriously? I barely notice any difference between the Air 2 and 1 in terms of performance.

8. mdridwan47 macrumors 6502

mdridwan47

9. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

To each his own I guess. Again, I need to rephrase. The tablet is quick, it just stutters and drops frames all the damn time. And if you can't see it, that's your problem. Well, not really I problem. I wish I couldn't see it but the reality is there. I've seen it on all A7 iPads I've used ever. Clean installs don't work, iOS just needs an overhaul performance wise. And iOS 9 isn't really enough.

10. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

You can get an ipad air 2 128GB for £468 on amazon

Get that