Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dostoevsky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2006
Hey guys, I'm a student in the market for a Macbook for college. Cruising around the internet I found a store with rediculous prices. Do yah guys think this is a big scam, or should I go for it? Indonesian internet store ... Hmmm.

http://rosofstore.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=18

I sort of need to get this thing before school starts, so any help would be much appreciated.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
If you have to ask, it's almost certainly a scam. An Indonesian site registered a month ago to a guy with a Gmail account selling stuff at 30-50% off? Run away. Now.

slackersonly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
does a bear cr*p in the woods?

wildcowboy points out some really important info.

heavily discounted apple stuff is the #1 warning sign. new website offshore #2.

dont wait for strike #3. run away.

Dostoevsky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2006
Yeah, I'd pretty much figured it out before I posted this. Didn't hurt to ask, though. Thanks a lot guys. I think that I'll just stick to the Apple Store down south.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Beware also of a site called bestbuynow or something like that. In Italy and Texas.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
viccles said:
If its too good to be true....it usually is.
No, if it's too good to be true it always is.

I suppose you could make exceptions for times when you knew the seller and there was a very obvious legitimate reason (as in "not stolen, and not trying to rip a friend off"), but those are so rare they're not even worth mentioning.

Just remember: The phrase is "too good to be true" for a reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.