too HOT!!!! mac book pro issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by emmerloo86, May 4, 2011.

1. emmerloo86 macrumors newbie

hey
    I have had my mac book pro since early 2010 and have been beginning to notice that when I use it and it is plugged in to the charger cord the left side of the bottom of the computer gets REALLY REALLY hot! It cools off if I unplug the unit, but sometimes I want to work plugged in. Plus I am just not getting the battery life I used to get. On average I have about 4 hours of battery.... Used to get 7+. Any thoughts?

2. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

If it's because it's charging, call Apple immediately. Don't plug it in any more. You may be dangerously harming the battery and computer.

3. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

Check your battery health with iStats or Coconut Battery. 4 hours seems to indicate your battery is screwed, unless you have Bluetooth on or you are running fairly heavy-on-CPU applications.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's normal that the MagSafe adapter and your MBP will get hot while charging. As for your battery life, reset the SMC and calibrate your battery. Instructions for both in the link below. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: