Too late for a replacement?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jaredtomas, May 18, 2009.

1. jaredtomas macrumors regular

jaredtomas

My Macbook doesn't sit level on a flat surface. Only three of the rubber feet actually make contact with the desk. It's rather annoying, however I've learned to live with it and didn't bother to take it into the store. Now, my hard drive has failed so I'm going to have to take it to get that sorted out. Should I mention the other issue? Is it too late to try to get a replacement since I've had it for 6 months?

Cheers

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Your MacBook is covered by a one year warranty. As it's only been 6 months, you are still covered. I'd tell them about the feet problem - they'd probably only replace the hard drive and give you back the same computer if you don't, telling them about the other problem will probably get you a new computer. Apple technically should exchange it as one, you're obviously covered by warranty and two, it's clearly a manufacturing defect - which is the entire point of having the warranty in the first place.

Good luck! :)

3. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

As it's under its one year warranty, you can try and claim it was defected from the start, but they might not see eye to eye on it. Depends, always worth a go.

As for the HD, have you tried running the Install disc and checking/repairing permissions? Few people have had similar issues due to the GUID table playing tricks