Too lazy to update to 4.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rotobadger, Apr 14, 2011.

1. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Anyone still on 4.0 like me? I know I should update and re-jailbreak but I've got so many customizations on my phone it would take quite awhile to get it back to my "comfort zone". I've replaced sounds so they stay the same if I change themes. Tweaked all kinds of minor things like the load wheel icon.

Bleh. I think I'll stay.

I also am a bit nervous about some of the problems folks have been having. I know, eventually, 4.3 jailbreak will be settled in but I'm not sure if I want to deal with it.

Anyone else feel like that?

2. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

Roto,
    Like you i was on 4.0 until yesterday...
    everything on my phone was working great! plenty of free memory, no crashes, EVER... (i did have a sticky home button though)

however, i was starting to run into installation issues because my firmware was out of date, iMovie comes to mind... there were others...

so i had some free time last night, restored to fresh 4.3.1 and jailbroke.
    everything went off without a hitch. phone seems to be just fine. but setting everything back up had me up till 4am last night.

memory usage of 4.3 seems to be a little higher, i used to have 330 free now im around 275... but the home button issue seems to have cleared up, and there are a few new gee-wiz things that 4.3 has that we did not. def could have lived without them though

4.3.2 is out now, so im officially back out of date :)

if it aint broke dont fix it! :)

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you've got your blobs, you might want to try 4.2.1.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Eh, I was on 4.1 for the longest time and was digging it. I said screw it and decided to update to 4.3.1 just so I could get familiarize myself with the changes needed for these themes. Must say, no issues on my end here. the redsn0w JB works really great (despite the umpteen million help threads in here). I say go for it.

5. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Same here, i too was on 4.1 for aaaages laughing off everyone's instability etc. 4.3 is pretty bug free for me though, not had many/if any problems.

6. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i was on 4.1 jb, but over the weekend i jb to 4.3.1... though its nice, it seems a little more buggy. bitesms seems to have a little quirks, but not bad.

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

On 4.1, going to do 4.2.1 for the find my iPhone feature.

8. rotobadger thread starter macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Yeah, I'm starting run into problems with apps not being compatible with 4.0. Maybe when I have the whole day to make the switch to 4.3...

9. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Only switch if you have a good reason. I updated to 4.3.1 because I wanted to take my phone in to get it replaced (sticky home button) before my warranty expired. That was a good enough reason for me.

Up until then though, I was doing great on 4.1.

Must say though 4.3.1 jb with redsn0w is smooth. No hitches.

Only thing I slightly notice is slight semi lag sometimes. Nothing unbearable though.

10. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Still on 4.0 as well. Phone and tweaks are running exactly the way I want them to. No need to upgrade/change if I don't have to.

11. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

I'm on 4.2.1 right now and I was going to update and rejailbreak this weekend to 4.3.1. Now I'll just wait for the next untethered to come out. I was wanting to try aptbackup so I guess I'll hold off and wait. :cool:

12. nyguy4u macrumors member

I just recently bought a Verizon iPhone.. I upgraded it to 4.2.6.

Now, just to set the record straight.. I'm not very "jailbreak" savvy. I did a TON of research on how to do it. I used greenpois0n to do it, and found it pretty simple.. and want to use it again if need be, only because I'm familiar with it. I only jailbroke because I wanted MyWi. That's the only reason I have the need for it.

I know this is a stupid question, but is it just a matter of updating to 4.3, and re-jailbreaking via greenpois0n? Does greenpois0n support the new 4.3 update?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.