too low of a price for macbook?

awraisch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Philly / S. Jersey
Hi everybody -

just looking for some feedback:

just agreed to sell my stock 1.83 macbook for $850. was curious if people think that was a good enough price. i guess i'm having the seller's remourse. :(

Any thoughts?

awraisch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Philly / S. Jersey
Markleshark said:
You've lost what? $200? How old is it? If it was one of the first you've not done badly I guess.

Yeah i bought it the day they came out, had it in to apple once to get shutdowns fixed.

you think it's bad?

awraisch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Philly / S. Jersey
w8ing4intelmacs said:
decent deal for both buyer and seller. you might have gotten more on ebay but you'd then have to deal with the fees.

yeah that's the thing, i respnded to his craigslist ad saying he wanted one and he's coming to me to pick it up. i knew i wanted to get rid of it, but hadn't seriously considered doing so till i saw his ad. i figure this way i just need a few more bucks for a base model imac.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
it is not the best offer. you definitely could have done better (as much as 950, i would say).

you don't say whether you bought the extended AppleCare warranty - if you did then you are definitely getting ripped off.

awraisch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Philly / S. Jersey
pianoman said:
it is not the best offer. you definitely could have done better (as much as 950, i would say).

you don't say whether you bought the extended AppleCare warranty - if you did then you are definitely getting ripped off.

nah, no extended warranty . . .

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
It was a pretty good deal, I'd say. Maybe you could've swung $900 or $950, but $850 is still a good price! No need to feel bad.

kgarchar

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2006
i wouldn't have let it go for under $900, but that's just me. I'm looking to get the same price for mine that i bought it for, which is $1200, but I also put in a GB of ram, so i think my idea is legit