Too many ads popping up

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Rayhab1, May 21, 2014.

1. Rayhab1 macrumors newbie

Rayhab1

I have a cookie in my Macbook Pro that I can't get rid of. When I click to go to a page, just for an instant I see"123Srv.com" and then I'm taken to a page that I didn't request. This has become very annoying and I have searched the computer for some sort of file relating to this but nothing shows up. Anyone had experience with 123Srv.com?

I have another problem and don't know if it's connected to this or not. Any time I visit a website certain words have two lines under them. If I accidently move my mouse across them an ad pops up that wants to take me to another site. Is there a way to stop this?

I'm using the browser Safari but the same thing happens when I use Google Chrome.

OS X - 10.9.3

Thanks for some much needed help.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Clear your browser's cache and cookies... all of them.

If you haven't already done so, try changing your DNS servers on your Mac and your router to OpenDNS servers. This will show you how: Why am I being redirected to other sites?

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It sounds like you have some adware installed on your machine, perhaps installed along with another app. Try using this adware removal tool to get rid of it.