Too many authorized accounts on ipod

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Megs, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Megs macrumors newbie

As far as I know, I had music from two authorized accounts on my ipod but when i tried to add music from what I thought was a third account, a message popped up saying that I had 5 and couldn't add anymore. I deleted files from an account i hadn't realized was there but now i'm wondering what other accounts are on my ipod. It would be really helpful to be able to view them and possibly delete them. Can anybody help me?

2. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

how do you even check how many authorised accounts your ipod has?

3. qacjared macrumors regular

You don't. You authorize iTunes Libraries (Up to 5 per account). iPods just play stuff copied over from an authorized computer no questions asked.

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

it's not that you have too many authorized on the iPod it's that the account you're trying to use the music from has authorized too many computers.

5. hamsterdowns macrumors newbie

No i know what she means. You cant have music from 5 different accounts on an ipod, but you can on a computer. Like, if I called 7 accounts A B C D E F and G, then only A B C D and E are allowed on one ipod at a time. Not that A is authorized to 6 computers. Its annoying, does anyone know how to fix it, or at least find out easily (without doing thousands of searches) what accounts are in use on your computer?

Thanks
    Sandy
    xxx

6. hamsterdowns macrumors newbie

So annoying!

No i know what she means. You cant have music from 5 different accounts on an ipod, but you can on a computer. Like, if I called 7 accounts A B C D E F and G, then only A B C D and E are allowed on one ipod at a time. Not that A is authorized to 6 computers. Its annoying, does anyone know how to fix it, or at least find out easily (without doing thousands of searches) what accounts are in use on your computer?

Thanks
    Sandy
    xxx