....too Many Cases To Choose From?!?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DeansF, Dec 15, 2010.

1. DeansF macrumors newbie

I think I'm going slightly crazy what with the amount of cases I've bought in the last 3 months!!!

Here's what I currently own (all iPhone 4 BTW):

Switcheasy Rebel in Black and also in Red
    Switcheasy Trim in Black
    Switcheasy Nude in Clear
    Speck Candyshell in White and also a clear version
    Otterbox Commuter
    SGP Ultra Thin Matte
    Incipio Feather in Black
    Incipio Sylicrylic in Black
    Apple Bumper in Black
    Case Mate Jet aluminium bumper (awaiting for delivery)

......surely I am not normal??!!!!!!! :p

Here's why I CANNOT decide what to keep on my phone!

The Switcheasy cases are awsome, however, the ridges on the spines collect way to much dust when in the pocket.

The Switcheasy Trim doesn't really seem to fit properly - because I have an SGP Carbon backing on the rear of my iPhone, the Trim case seems to creek along the edges - like the edge doesn't want to sit tight against the bezel.

The Switcheasy Nude doesn't offer enough drop protection.

The Speck seem to make my phone look too big and beefy + the clear version has a horrible rubber screen lip that just grips the inside of your pockets like there's no tomorrow - it's a battle to pull the thing in and out!!!

Otterbox Commuter - too much lint pick up on the silicone parts (awsome case if it wasn't for this)

Incipios - Sylicrylic didn't really like the fitting. Feather - not enough drop protection.

Apple Bumper - way to loose! It rattles and shakes when it's on the phone. I've only had it on there once and because of the looseness, took it straight back off!!

That leaves the Case Mate Jet case - knowing my luck, it'll also be doomed....!!!! :S

I just CANNOT find a case that I am 100% satisfied with ........!!!!!!! Maybe I need to up the dose on them OCD tablets!! :p

2. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I'm kind of like this to, but everything changed once I decided to go... CASELESS. :D I do have a Gelaskin for scratch protection, but there just aren't any cases that make the phone look better than it does without a case. I picked up Squaretrade insurance for $80, and am just enjoying the phone in its natural form factor.

Out of all those cases you listed, I think the Switcheasy Rebel is my favorite. A friend of mine has one and it looks nice. I also like that it comes with dock adapters.

3. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

sgp hybrid ex best bumper out of all the ones I've seen

much tighter than the oem bumper

4. missygal Guest

missygal

I also have quite a few cases. I go between Case mate Gelli, Casemate Barely There, and Belkin. Case mate Gelli is my fav so far though!

5. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

I like the Incipio NGP. Its the best for me. Doesn't add too much bulk, protective, and inexpensive

6. enemi macrumors regular

enemi

7. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

You only have 10 cases...sadly, that is normal 'round these parts. There are some people here with 30/40+ cases so don't feel too bad :p

Personally, I didn't like the CaseMate Jett at all. There is some signal degradation and the friggin thing scratched my iphone antenna when I was putting it on :mad: I'd send it back if I were you.

8. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

i have apple bumber incipio ngp switcheasy trim and sgp neo hybryd and the case i love is ngp perfect case

9. adztaylor macrumors 68000

My cases are very modest compared to some...

I have two Apple bumpers (black and white)
    CaseMate Gelli
    A cheap silicon case and a cheap tpu bumper from eBay.
    Incase Snap in black frost

Only just got my Incase snap and love it, definitely my main case.

10. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

don't group us with the rest of you weirdo's. it's completely not normal to own that many cases

most people buy one case, and if happy leave it on until it gets replaced for a new case.

you guys with 10+ cases have at least one : commitment, boring life, trying to show off, trying to make a fashion statement, hoarding, OCD issues

11. m1ndgam3z macrumors newbie

I was more "case OCD" with my iPhone 3G lol...but mainly because I used to review (keyword: used to)

Now, my obsession is mainly just window shopping...I still have a few, and still plan on getting more...just need money lol

I just get cases to match what I wear :p

12. barkingDog, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010

barkingDog macrumors regular

barkingDog

Hmmm.

Commitment: Yep.
    Boring Life: Yep.
    Trying To Show Off: Nope.
    Fashion Statement: Nope.
    Hoarding: Nope.
    OCD issues: Yep :)D) Absolutely -- and I shall be OC 'till the day I die, I suspect.

Sadly though, I have only 2 cases -- of which I only use 1, on occasion. But I'm continually fascinated with searching for "the" case.

EDIT: I should add that I've bought and returned at least 10+ other cases, hence my "issues" with commitment.

13. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

Commitment: No
    Boring Life: No
    Trying to Show off: No
    Fashion Statement: No
    Hoarding: No
    OCD Issues: No

14. DeansF thread starter macrumors newbie

.......just wanted to add to this, is it possible for companies to sell branded iPhone 4 cases that may not actually meet the standard of the original company?

To explain : the Switcheasy Trim case that I bought, was from eBay and NOT directly from Switcheasy. When I received the product itself, I could see that it was in fact a proper Switcheasy Trim case, however, I also noticed the following:

1. There was no black Switcheasy sticker
    sealing the packaging together (all other products I've purchased directly from them DO have this sticker.

2. Upon opening the contents, inside the box (the one that contains desk stands, dock protectors, port covers and instructions) I noticed that the port covers and the dock protectors were loose inside ( they are normally sealed inside a small plastic bag) and one of them had a defect where by half of it was mis-shaped?!

3. The fitment of the actual case was quite creaky and did not want to sit tight against the bezel.

I'm just wondering whether this case did not meet Switcheasys quality control and subsequently bought by a third party, off Switcheasy, and then sold on eBay - to me...?!

:S

15. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Was the case new or used? It sounds like it was used by your description.

16. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

.....well it was described as 'New' so I bought it on the assumption that it was, in actual fact, a brand new case.

:confused: