too many fonts!

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by magius, Jul 4, 2007.

1. magius macrumors regular

over the years i've collected a vast storehouse of fonts, right now i'd like to trim it down to the basic fonts the mac came with plus whatever ps and illustrator bring, and from there add a select few while leaving the rest on cd to use at my discretion.... does anyone know an easier way to reset my font collection? I have no idea what the default fonts are anymore....

also there is a better automater program than fontparade (to automatically sample a folder of fonts and print to pdf for review)?

much thanks.

2. magius thread starter macrumors regular

nevermind, i have found the answer. just in case anyone was curious, I used font explorer x to set my fonts back to the system default, and am now using that instead of font book to manage and activate/deactivate fonts. that with font doctor seems to be working prettty well.

cheers.

3. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

4. garyjcarr macrumors member

garyjcarr

5. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

yes fontexplorer is the bees knees, and keeping your activated fonts under 500 seems to be the sweet spot for OS X to keep it from freaking out.

6. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

What are the commands in Font Explorer to do this? I think I might have caused some problems by adding way too many fonts from my Windows system. I fear they might have been corrupted or just incompatible. I went through and deleted duplicates from FontBook, but I've still been getting errors throughout my system, type and font related.