Too many free Adobe Creative Cloud programs to download and install

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hajime, Feb 12, 2019.

1. hajime macrumors 601

Hi, I can download and install all the programs in Adobe Creative Cloud for free due to school license. Usually, I just use Acrobat, Illustrator and Photoshop. I may use Premiere later. Is it advisable to download and install everything or just the ones I need? From a quick look, I think there are 15+ programs there.

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I feel like the answer is obvious...

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Just the ones you need. It isn't like you can sock the others away for later usage after you leave school.

4. hajime thread starter macrumors 601

So once my school email address stops working, I will not be able to use these software programs even I have installed them on my Windows PC?

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Adobe's Creative Cloud application occasionally phones home to check to make sure your account is still active. Once that happens, if you no longer have a valid account, none of your apps will work.

6. Alch3mist macrumors member

Alch3mist

I have the same student/teacher discount. I got overly excited and downloaded them all. I will delete the ones I never use at some point.

7. chrfr macrumors 604

It's a subscription provided by your school. Once you leave school, they'll all stop working whether they're already installed or not.

8. hajime thread starter macrumors 601

Oh I am disappointed.