Too many Glances?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by richCB, Sep 6, 2015.

1. richCB macrumors newbie

richCB

I'm a newbie AW owner and have just hit the 20-Glance limit for the first time. It made me wonder, can you have too many Glances? Does a full load affect your AW battery life in any significant way?

I'd be grateful for any advice on good Glance management that you might have.

2. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

So far I haven't been able to find more than 10 glances that I find useful enough to keep around ;)

I'm curious as well about the load it might have on the watch, although with the 10 I currently have in there I still end up with plenty of battery at the end of the day. After seven weeks I still have yet to decide when and how glances are useful to me. At first I was frustrated by having too many, because it would take time to scroll to the glance I wanted to see, and then scroll back to a different one. When you have to scroll a lot it starts to seem faster to just go to the app itself.

Now I think I browse glances kind of like I browse headlines rather than treat them as a quick way to access specific information (I use the complications for that). I keep the glances to items that may change throughout the day, and I browse them when I'm waiting for something for someone. If I see something that makes me want to know more, I tap to go into the app or look at it on my iPhone. I do try to keep it at the beginning of the list so I can access my two most frequently used glances: Quick Settings and Now Playing plus a few others I like quick access to. The rest are just there to browse. I don't think I have ever had more than 15. Didn't notice any impact on watch or battery performance, but I nixed a few that weren't useful.

Sean

3. richCB thread starter macrumors newbie

richCB

Thanks, Sean, a really helpful response. I guess I'm still in the 'awe and wonder' stage of Apple Watch ownership. I've had mine for less than a week and I'm trying every app I hear about. For example I currently have three weather apps in my Glances only because I can't decide which one I like best!

I guess in time I'll come round to your sensible approach of 'less is more'. Just give me time...