Too many http redirects

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vistadude, Sep 9, 2013.

1. vistadude macrumors 65816

I've had this error when I goto top 25 or categories in the app store for about 2 months. I've tried resetting network settings, signing in and out of the app store, restarting both ways, using 3G or 4G and nothing works. Today I tried resetting all settings and this did work, but about 30 minutes later the problem occurred again. Then I reset again and changed all of the settings one by one, and opened up apps one by one. I couldn't figure out what caused the error, but a couple hours later, it happens again.

One thing I noticed is that when i have the error, the 5 buttons on the bottom of the screen are different than standard. I have featured, search, updates, categories, and top 25. But when I restart all settings, those buttons are in a different order (I think updates is last).

Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix this problem? I'm running iOS 6.1.3 on an iphone 4.

Thanks.

2. vistadude thread starter macrumors 65816

I figured this out, incase anyone has the same problem. It's caused by force quitting the app store. Once you force quit, there's nothing you can do but reset all settings to get the app store to work correctly.

3. LithePanther macrumors 6502

I've force-quit the app store before and have not had this problem.

4. vistadude thread starter macrumors 65816

I used to also. But I'm seeing this every time now.